Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD4: Modern Warfare

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I'm stuck, on no war in the war room on vet, after going down the stairs killing everyone there, Sometimes I get a checkpoint, sometimes I don't. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I LOVE the multiplayer on this game but the single player has left a bad taste in my mouth

Everything seems so scripted.

I am playing it on veteran which is a great difficulty but as you die so often you notice just how scripted it is.

The production values are amazing but it is ruined by this fault. Really unimpressed with single player gameplay as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Vegeta wrote: »
    I LOVE the multiplayer on this game but the single player has left a bad taste in my mouth

I am playing it on veteran which is a great difficulty but as you die so often you notice just how scripted it is.

The production values are amazing but it is ruined by this fault. Really unimpressed with single player gameplay as a result.

CoD games have always been like that. Saying you are unimpressed by CoD4 for this reasons is like complaining about a Hollywood blockbuster having a script..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah this is a big problem on Veteran difficulty alright and one of the reasons I'd recommend people play through on normal first where you're less likely to notice it. The other problem is the game makes far too much use of infinite re-spawn in places. Overall while it provides a great challenge it's obvious Veteran wasn't properly play-tested. Normal is how the game was intended to be played imo and provides the most enjoyment. I still love this game but COD2's veteran was far superior.

mcgovern wrote: »
    CoD games have always been like that. Saying you are unimpressed by CoD4 for this reasons is like complaining about a Hollywood blockbuster having a script..

This is my first full play through of a CoD game so excuse me for pointing out an obvious flaw.

Its a joke though, it really takes from the game and there is no need for it. Its not a fair comparison, films need scripts (unless they are silent movies or some art crap) this game does not need it at all.

I am not talking about a poorly scripted plot line or being forced into certain areas for the sake of the story, I am talking about enemies suddenly appearing when you reach a certain point in a room/area. Wrecks my ****ing head. Its just so unrealistic and lazy.

Like in one place
    TV Station
    you could stand at the door of a large room for 15 minutes if you wanted and no enemies would come at you but as soon as you walk 10 steps into the room it is flooded with the enemny despite no-one seeing you coming. :rolleyes:

Look I love every other aspect of the game bar this and I tend to go on a bit about annoyances ( I don't read reviews either so had no idea if this was even an issue) but it has tainted the experience for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

the worst thing about COD games historrically is that there is unlimited enemy respawns, you need to move forward otherwise they just keep coming.

the multiplayer is the best on 360, the single best thing is because there are no online achievements, you dont get people in games trying to boost or get certain types of kills with their mates. you get serious players who love the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Don't get me wrong here, but clans are ruining the online game for me of late, the one thing they should have added for the online game is "player" and "ranked" matches (ala COD3).Now your getting clans on one side and the casual gamer on the other, it's leading to very one-sided games, just the other day i was playing a game (Domination) that ended up 200-47 and yesterday we were massacred 200-23:eek: Now in fairness they played brilliantly and hammered us fair and square,(that's not my complaint) but it was just a bloodbath, pure and other carnage:D I can't see how anyone on our side enjoyed that game in any way.

I think they should have a separate rooms for, as i said, "player" and "ranked" games. That way the clans can pit their wits against other clans, see how they stack up versus similarly organised teams, and the people, who can only get online the odd time can play a game where they can be some bit competitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I don't mind playing against clans, encourages people on the opposing team to use some teamwork. You got hammered because your guys were spawning and running for the middle waypoint (probably).

I'm disliking point whores, who all rush the nearest flag at the start of the map.

zabbo wrote: »
    I don't mind playing against clans, encourages people on the opposing team to use some teamwork. You got hammered because your guys were spawning and running for the middle waypoint (probably).

I'm disliking point whores, who all rush the nearest flag at the start of the map.

Fair point, Zabbo, but it was more the skill and organisation of the other team, they were (and i don't use this word in a derogatory way), "spawncamping" they had the map covered (edit: Wet Works) we were stuck up near the control room of the ship, they were hiding in every nook and cranny, both stairs were covered, the flag(C) was covered, if you went up stairs a sniper would get you. (i know all this from the killcam, and they were crackshot snipers aswell, one shot your dead) They had every angle covered, and if you managed to kill one of them, he was replaced by some one else covering his corner, until he respawned.I'm not for one minute saying they did anything wrong, far from it, they (as i said in my earlier post) played brilliantly.As for us using more teamwork, we were playing together for the 1st time, how much more organised could we have been compared to a clan who are probably playing together since the game was released?

It seems like i have a gripe against clans, I DON'T, i just think there should be a room for clans and the more serious gamer and a room for the "casual" gamer. Thats all.

As for "point whores" the flags don't capture themselves:D and the more around them the quicker they go up.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

You could always leave the game lobby if you see the others all have clan tags. Then search for another game. Its happened to me a few times and I usually give it a go and then if they are as good as the guys you came up against I would leave after the game and find another one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

JeanClaude wrote: »
    As for "point whores" the flags don't capture themselves:D and the more around them the quicker they go up.:D

I know what you mean, but a map like shipment where both teams spawn at A/C - it's more important to try and take B, or whatever the strategic flag is on any map.

Anyways, put [IRL] as your clan tag, and you might get teamed up with some other paddys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Good tip. Have met quite a few paddys online anyway. Never met one on Halo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hottstuff

AvidHotstuff.png

Enjoying this myself , if anyone wants to add me.

Have a clan thats looking for members too.
    http://www.av-hd.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=451&no=1#451
    If anyone is interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

the noly co-op play you get online is with a clan, i cant ever get a public team that works together

halo 3 is such a ridiculously easy game to win........ but i constantly get pitted with utter dopes on my team who go john rambo...**** bags

Playing domination around 3/4's of an hour ago, playing a clan, their tag was [ESS] French or Spanish, going by their lingo in the lobby. They annihilated us 200-11 (yes ELEVEN):D Thats fair going.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Cannot to get this and mass effect for christmas as far as th thread goes looks good is the story mode as good as COD2???

Cannot to get this and mass effect for christmas as far as th thread goes looks good is the story mode as good as COD2???

I think the story itself is better but its shorter.
    If you play online then this is the game to get (once the problems after the latest Live update are resolved).
    If you only play single player then I'd probably recommend Mass Effect (though thats waiting for Xmas for me so haven't played it yet).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

Playing domination around 3/4's of an hour ago, playing a clan, their tag was [ESS] French or Spanish, going by their lingo in the lobby. They annihilated us 200-11 (yes ELEVEN) Thats fair going

i think i was playing in that game last night

found very time i respawned there were two or three waiting for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

the servers are ****ed at the moment, i cant invite people or join games and when im in a lobby the game never starts, everyone is having this problem

the servers are ****ed at the moment, i cant invite people or join games and when im in a lobby the game never starts, everyone is having this problem

Yes :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

woop I got all the achievements yesterday :)

Any one got any tips for finishing the end of "all ghillied up" on veteran
    I just cannot stay alive, I think I made a mistake and placed my claymores very badly. I can get to the point where the helicoptors come in and drop off a load of the enemy but quickly get outflanked and shot from behind. Any tips?

Any one got any tips for finishing the end of "all ghillied up" on veteran
    I just cannot stay alive, I think I made a mistake and placed my claymores very badly. I can get to the point where the helicoptors come in and drop off a load of the enemy but quickly get outflanked and shot from behind. Any tips?

When playing it on veteran the only way I could get by it was by
    hiding by the bumber cars and take them out from there.

Cheers dude will give that a go when my patience returns

I have to say though the start of that level and death from above are both class levels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Anyone know when new map packs are due out for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Some details on some of the upcoming maps for download on marketplace.....Linky

Chinatown is to be a remake of Carentan from earlier COD titles. Teaser video....Linky

You've probably seen and read about these already but posted for those(like me) that hadn't.

Still saying "spring" for release date:mad: Anyone heard any definite dates yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Chinatown is to be a remake of Carentan from earlier COD titles.
    sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Finally they've given a date for the new maps....April 3rd.

Details US Xbox.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Finished it last night on hardened and it was quite a challenge. I wouldn't have the patience for veteran, I'd probably ending up breaking my controller in frustration. Have many here completed veteran? I see there's at least another 400 achievement points for doing that, well earned I'd say.

Mile High Club was excellent as was Game Over and All Ghillied Up. Now back to multiplayer and the wait for April 3...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

Completing on Veteran isnt easy but it can be done just check out Youtube for tough parts.Mile High Club on Veteran will sort anyone out though

Advertisement