Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD4: Modern Warfare

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

silvine wrote: »
    Finished it last night on hardened and it was quite a challenge. I wouldn't have the patience for veteran, I'd probably ending up breaking my controller in frustration. Have many here completed veteran? I see there's at least another 400 achievement points for doing that, well earned I'd say.

Mile High Club was excellent as was Game Over and All Ghillied Up. Now back to multiplayer and the wait for April 3...

I did it.. such a great feeling of accomplishment afterwards! My proudest 1000 points aswell in all my games!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Anyone up for a friendly CoD4 bash on Live this week? I was thinking Tuesday or Thursday. Nothing clan-like, just a couple of games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Thurs could be good. Mind if I add your gamertag?

Mine is Silvine. I'm tired of getting beaten by 9-year-old Yanks. :rolleyes:

That aside, who is getting the new maps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

Chinatown looks cool, and pretty different to other levels in the game.

I can't wait to play the tv station level, blowing up the station was great craic in the single player campaign.

I'm not sure about the other two..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I've been considering buying this for a while because loads of people love it but I'm a bit of a multiplayer noob and prefer to stick to single player games. By all accounts the single player is crud, so that's put me off.
    As I have it coming as a rental from gamesenders today so I can try before I buy, can you guys give a multiplayer noob any tips so I don't get hammered by the pros when I take it online?

The single-player is most definately not "crud". There are some great set pieces in it, and some really enjoyable missions e.g. All Ghillied Up, Mile High Club.

As for mutliplayer tips, I'm fairly new to it myself. However, it is fairly accessible and even noobs can score kills easily enough. It's fast paced and running and gunning works just as well as sniping.

Tips:
    - The M16 is a great weapon, once you unlock it.
    - When you use other guns, fire in short bursts rather than holding down the trigger.
    -For capture the flag cames, use smoke grenades, claymores and the last stand perk.
    -Play around with the various perks and see what suits your playing still; are you a sniper, a grenadier or a gunner?
    -Avoid open spaces, stick close to the walls or take cover
    -If you get near someone, or behind them, knife them will kill them quicker than shooting and you won't show up on radar
    -Use your radar to determine where the enemy is and then plot your assault
    -The shotgun is not a great weapon if you are playing against Americans due to lag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Vegeta wrote: »
    Any one got any tips for finishing the end of "all ghillied up" on veteran
    I just cannot stay alive, I think I made a mistake and placed my claymores very badly. I can get to the point where the helicoptors come in and drop off a load of the enemy but quickly get outflanked and shot from behind. Any tips?
    Only way I could do it was hide BEHIND the fence at the bumper cars, and slowly walk as far back to the point I dont die of radiation, go prone, and look at the corner to pick people off that ty and kill me. Worked first time. In fact, I was bored tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Thanks IG, that's the way I finally did it too

Stopped playing shortly after that level for all the reasons outlined above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Thanks Silvine, looking forward to it now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Looks like it's the 10th of April now for the maps.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Looks like it's the 10th of April now for the maps.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Kotaku said this morning that Infinity Ward are working to have it out tonight or tomorrow, so hopefully the wait won't be until next week.

Kotaku said this morning that Infinity Ward are working to have it out tonight or tomorrow, so hopefully the wait won't be until next week.

Here's hoping. I think I'll give up on dates and just wait till they appear on marketplace.

Hmmm.... Just after reading a link from major nelsons' site and it's looking promising. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Excellent news!

"Despite what the Internet might tell you (including some 'official' sources), the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare variety map pack has NOT been delayed until the 10th [April]," said Robert Bowling, community friend maker at Infinity Ward. "As of right now we're pushing certification for an on-time release for April 3rd or 4th.

"For those of you asking when you should take off work, I'd take off Friday, as it looks like they should be available late Thursday night / early Friday morning, which means Friday you should be able to play all day."

I like the way they know how we think ;)

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=129865

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Are M$ going to charge for the new maps??

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Are M$ going to charge for the new maps??

800 M$ points. Should be feckin' free.

Feck that! I'll wait till they are free to download them!

No word that they will be free at some point in the future... Also its a remake of a classic map! Which means you can go into it with a slight advantage over others (most of which will have played it too and think they have an advantage as well) :D

They're obviously not going to say that they will be free at some stage, how else will they rob you of your 10 euro on top of the 60-70 you paid for the game!!

But they always relase them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 drgonzo20

Hey guys maps are up at 6 pst so thats 2pm here.:)

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    They're obviously not going to say that they will be free at some stage, how else will they rob you of your 10 euro on top of the 60-70 you paid for the game!!

But they always relase them :)

Bungie do. But you're right most others don't, like the Rainbow 6 Vegas maps for example. 60-70? Try importing I picked it up for 30! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Try importing I picked
    it up for 30! :)

Or just shop around within Ireland, I've yet to pay over €55 for a 360 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

really hope these new maps are out, updated maps should be free
    bill gates is the mafia in disguise

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

what has it to do with bill gates? it's infinity ward are getting the money.

Since stepping down as Microsoft boss, Gates has been spending his days owning noobs in Domination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 drgonzo20

map pack is up:)

Who-ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

you can only play killhouse on team tactical and cage match :(

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭moggins7

so the new maps good????
    an wat map is it a remake of????

ooh and when is the game of the year edition out here, my disc is scratched so it wont play pipeline or showdown, an you get the token wit the goty edition right????

• Advertisement

Played the new maps for a while today and they seem pretty cool. The Creek level is really cool, a decent and varied challenge. China Town is great fun too - lots of buildings and places to hide. Broadcast is maybe a bit too large, but nice destructive environments and quite close combat based. Haven't tried the last one yet, but overall a decent selection.

I think the GOTY or whatever edition is out today as well.

Advertisement