Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD4: Modern Warfare

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭moggins7

ah good stuff... is creek as snipery as they said it would....

thanks for that ill have a look out for it tmoro so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

moggins7 wrote: »
    ah good stuff... is creek as snipery as they said it would....

it's too snipery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭SNL

Prob with new maps is to defo be sure ya play on them ya gotta play non hardcore games which is crap, having to shoot someone for 5 mins before they die is rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Are the new maps worth 800 Pts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea there worth it.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

i dont like chinatown but i do like broadcast. Creek is meh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i dont like creek, its just just full of camping snipers.

i like broadcast and china town.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ive changed my mind. I dont like creek on team deathmatch and i like chinatown again.

Creek is good for Search and Destroy though.

Yay for double points at the weekend :D I ranked up twice! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

creek is a dream come true

sniping heaven

played it shortly after release with my snpier class and everyone else went with assault rifles

i finished 57 - 9

well impressed with maps

although when i play creek now its everyone on sniper...

not mad about chinatown or broadcast, broadcast is actually perty much martrdome and p90 whore heaven.

china town is too much getting shot from god knows where

anyway good additions killhouse should be good also

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

wasn't too hot on chinatown but now i know my way about the map i quite like it.

creek is great, I use the sniper class and overkill perk with an RPD and go on the rampage :):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Hey folks, this thread might be of interest to a few of you that are in teams/clans or wish to form 1.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055270684

I see the double points thingie was still in play last nite. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

i quite like broadcast. creek is good fun sometimes, i hate being on offense in S&D on it tho, usually get picked off if i dont go through the caves :( China town is alright too.

Anyone notice that bombsite B is being used most by offense on creek, chinatown and broadcast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

I really like the new maps, especially for objective games. I played a game of sabotage in chinatown last nite and it was epic, the teams were so evenly matched ended up winning right at the last second it was cool. I like those games where everyone at the end agrees it was a good game really close etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I just downloaded the maps there now and talk about a fast download! Looking forward to trying out these maps!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

faceman wrote: »
    I see the double points thingie was still in play last nite. :)

yeah and still is in play today. I've ranked up about 6 levels since the weekend and finally about to hit lvl 55 for the first time :):) (only started playing COD4 series for first time 3 weeks ago :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

god damn

my 360 is away with the rrod, just my luck to miss double points time

so is it worth it to get the maps, how much are they, 800 points? how much is that in €

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

event wrote: »
    god damn

my 360 is away with the rrod, just my luck to miss double points time

so is it worth it to get the maps, how much are they, 800 points? how much is that in €
    €9.60

miju wrote: »
    yeah and still is in play today. I've ranked up about 6 levels since the weekend and finally about to hit lvl 55 for the first time :):) (only started playing COD4 series for first time 3 weeks ago :) )

Ah feck it i wasnt online last nite!!! Fingers crossed for tonite!!

Thats some going over 3 weeks, i have the game since launch and im only on Lv 51 or something! (although i finished 2nd in the 360Gathering Season 2 league recently! ;) ) Then again i rotate the games Im playing alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Sometime during the Utd game last night, the new maps were incorporated into the regular rotation, and points are back to normal. Booo :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Got them yesterday. They compliment the original maps well. Nice to see they didn't release yet another war-torn middle eastern city map.

Creek is probably the most challenging of the lot. There lots of nooks and crannies to hide in, snipe from or camp. Chinatown is a real run-and-gun map.

The tv station level is a good blend between the two games types (lots of cool stuff to blow up too). I haven't played the fourth one yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played the 4th map yesterday with a friend on hardcore DM split screen and was great fun. Basically an adaptation of the training level. But very very fast paced. With shotguns, its a lotta fun.

By the way, had some problems with sound while on live yesterday - seemed every player was muted... weird

Advertisement