Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD4: Modern Warfare

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Kenny 5 wrote: »
    This game is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Played the first mission and it's savage!!!!!!!!!!:D

How did you play the first mission given it's not out yet anywhere ?
    Demo CD ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

This game is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Played the first mission and it's savage!!!!!!!!!!:D

Post your gametag or it didn't happen :rolleyes:

I know some people that work for the Games, Gamestop's of this world get to go to tradeshows and play these things early. And some have connections with the press, reviewers etc.. so get treated to games early too. But there does seem to be a lot of posts around on other forums of people claiming to have played the first mission or the complete thing. Most of it I'd say is BS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

It got leaked yesterday

I heard the names of the maps got leaked allright, not the whole thing. Intend buying it on the 360 on Friday regardless (assuming the reviews continue to be good). Just a bit dissapointing the SP is a bit short. Play it on hardest difficulty level I suppose.

• Advertisement

The whole game is out there.

Flaccus wrote: »
    I heard the names of the maps got leaked allright, not the whole thing. Intend buying it on the 360 on Friday regardless (assuming the reviews continue to be good). Just a bit dissapointing the SP is a bit short. Play it on hardest difficulty level I suppose.

In an interview with one of the devs, he said the single player could be flown through on the easier settings but for a real challagnge you should try Veteran as it would provide nearly 20 hours of gamplay. Said it was specially designed and tested as many fans only play at this level.

Veteran it is...as long as it doesn't make the game completely frustrating to play and improves it, like the way Halo3 is better on heroic then normal.

Anyone know prices yet ? I wonder are they going to charge 70€ for this one ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Flaccus wrote: »
    How did you play the first mission given it's not out yet anywhere ?
    Demo CD ?

Dude, since I got my pro contract I get games early, perks of the job.

Gamertag is "xX Kinetic Xx" :)

Up to level 18 on multiplayer........this is the HALO KILLER!!!!!!!!

Buckly lastard, how many multiplayer maps are there? Are they as good as the 3 beta ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

jaysus he does too ...checked mygamertag.net

ciano1 wrote: »
    jaysus he does too ...checked mygamertag.net

All back to Kenny's place :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

out of interest can u hook a usb mouse and keyboard up to the 360 to play it?

No!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Review at IGN here http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/832/832599p1.html

God damn it, with a job, wife, 2 dogs, exercise, Bioshock unfinished, Halo 3 complete on Heroic and currently addicted to it online, the Orange Box only shipped Friday and now this, what the hell do I have to do to be able to play all these things ?!?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

My play-asia order just got shipped. Hopefully I'll get it by Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

cannot wait for this game !!

read a few different reviews

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=174632

in a word : droooool :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

My play-asia order just got shipped. Hopefully I'll get it by Monday.

region free eh? must buy it from here so, should arrive before i've finished bioshock.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

j14 wrote: »
    Is play asia free shipping?
    No, it's €3.10 for a game. There are quicker more expensive options as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

.this is the HALO KILLER!!!!!!!!

Pippa funnels horseriding is Halo killer tbh.

kdjac

• Advertisement

3rd on overall on metacritic! getting excited now :D

picture1bu4.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It won't stay at third for long, they all drop down eventually.

if ye buy the asia region free one from play-asia will the game menues etc still be in english?

Scruff wrote: »
    if ye buy the asia region free one from play-asia will the game menues etc still be in english?

No, but it comes with a free Mandarin to English dictionary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

ok lads any chance of this being released early?

this is the plan everyone on here start headin to ur local gamestop and say that ya heard that a Game in dublin somewhere had broke the date! one of the shops should then crack!!!!

grizzly wrote: »
    No, but it comes with a free Mandarin to English dictionary.
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Scruff wrote: »

I bought the Asian version of Bioshock from playasia, everything is in English from menus to voice acting except for Big Daddy who is definitely Chinese.

I ordered the Asian COD4 for e35 on playasia.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

A Chineese big daddy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

First time I've ever pre-ordered a game online (game.co.uk). I've always been reluctant in the past because I wanted the game for release day and assumed that it wouldn't arrive until the following monday.

But because I'm going on holiday tomorrow decided to pre-order COD4 online. And what a surprise to find it arrived in the post today!!

Going to order all my games like that in the future - I get double reward points as well. Look forward to a couple of quick games this morning before our flight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement