Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD4: Modern Warfare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Heading to the US on Saturday and was thinking of picking it up there.. anyone know if the US-NTSC will work over here.. or are there specific US-NTSC that are region free and some that arent

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, the US NTSC is region free as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

ntlbell wrote: »
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

ok outa interest has anyone seen COD4 on same in dublin yet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Nope nowhere has broken the street date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

hehe not until I get to work this evening ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Anybody have any idea how much tesco will be charging ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Is this game going to be easy to get into online...as in have a bit of fun with, as I don't want to get involved in these serious team matches and be abused and called a noob, neither do I want to play against whiny brats who constantly swear. I've had live a while, and so far my experiences have not been so good. It seems COD4 is worth getting if you are going to invest in online, as the single player seems way too short. Gamespot commented you can put it up to hard (like the developer recommended), but this makes it more frustrating rather then adding to the fun factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Flaccus wrote: »
    Is this game going to be easy to get into online...as in have a bit of fun with, as I don't want to get involved in these serious team matches and be abused and called a noob, neither do I want to play against whiny brats who constantly swear.

A game of chess perhaps?

Random games on live usually have at least 1 of the above on every server :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

hey lads.

theres 1 copy of COD4 left on the rack in Harvey Normans in Rathfarnham. apparently they went on sale a hour ago . they are almost sold out!!

56quid

• Advertisement

Vikings wrote: »
    A game of chess perhaps?

Random games on live usually have at least 1 of the above on every server :(

well bad behaviour on live seems to be a very common complaint. so chess it is.

Antigone05 wrote: »
    hey lads.

theres 1 copy of COD4 left on the rack in Harvey Normans in Rathfarnham. apparently they went on sale a hour ago . they are almost sold out!!

56quid

do ya think that means they are selling them in all their stores...'cause I might bait out to the store in Limerick if they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

not sure. give them a call and see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Antigone05 wrote: »
    hey lads.

56quid

Me gets in the car.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Flaccus wrote: »
    well bad behaviour on live seems to be a very common complaint. so chess it is.

What I'd advise Flaccus is joining a clan and play with them casually. At least then you will know the majority of the lads you play

I too hate the tools on live so try to only play with friends

Add me as a friend if you want HyruleField is my gamertag and as soon as play asia deliver it to me I will be online a good bit I hope

I put a three rings of death curse on whoever got the last copy in Harvey Normans.:D:D

Neither Xtravision or Argos in Nutgrove broke the sale date that I could see of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Sorry to disappoint you but i just swiped the last 1!

Did u see me up there Tax Man? I was wearing shorts.

Don't think I saw you.There would've been a fight in the shop otherwise.:D:D There were only two other lads in the shop.Were you on your own.
    Ah well I can wait till the morning. I'll lift my curse seeing your a fellow boardie.
    I'll just hunt you down online.:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

I was with my girlfriend. Thanks, I was to scared to turn on my xbox after I was cursed:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

want to pick this up on the way home this afternoon. Argos in Dundrum don't have it in stock, so does anyone know what price it is going for on the 360 in Virgin and Game (I doubt Tesco will have it)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

It's €59.99 now in Argos as others have been saying.

Jip wrote: »
    It's €59.99 now in Argos as others have been saying.

yeah, but Argos in Dundrum don't have it, so i can't get it in argos today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Sorry, that was aimed at people in general, not yourself !

WHAT!? Other people! When i ask a question, NO ONE ELSE MATTERS until it has been answered.

But, yeah, sorry!:D

Argos Nutgrove have it in stock. Not a million miles away from Dundrum. Once you're not a little snobby mall rat you won't mind shopping at Nutgrove.
    I have a copy reserved in branch.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Played the first 2 missions just there. Its feckin class!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

Anybody know if Xtravision are doing their usual 2 for 1 (over €45 Value) trade in for COD4?

Argos Nutgrove have it in stock. Not a million miles away from Dundrum. Once you're not a little snobby mall rat you won't mind shopping at Nutgrove.
    I have a copy reserved in branch.:D

unfortunately I have no idea how to get to Nutgrove, and I have no interest in heading into city centre.

If i wasn't so impatient I would get it tomorrow, as I'm getting dragged into town by the other half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

picked it up this morning.

TEH AWESOMENESS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Markjf

Just picked it up in virgin liffey valley for 55 euro now of to play it :D

Advertisement