Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD4: Modern Warfare

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

hmmm maybe i shouldnt have ordered off play asia seeing as they dont have it in stock...

ah well, think i'd rather pay under €40 and wait, give me a chance to get through my back catalogue*.

*this opinion may or may not change over the course of the day. but probably will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Play-Asia have put the price upto 41 euro now (I think it was ~35 last week)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Can you believe this? The xtravision in coolock are charging €65 for it, but the xtravision in Artane are charging €60 because theyre close to Tesco :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

picked it up today for €55 in virgin blanchardstown :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ya have to laugh at the Message of the Day.
    "EA Chicago
    Infinity Ward are hiring: jobs@infinityward.com"

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Played it there for 5 mins in Rip-Off Central* was on a ps3 and the tv needed its colours settings tuned but it was still class! Cant wait for it to arrive from play-asia.

Dont buy it in Rip-Off Central as its €75!! whats even worse is its €5 more expensive than the ps3 version.

*Game on Dawson St, Dublin 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

"xx kinetic xx"........add me for some beatings :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

its 58 euro in HMV in drogheda, and they have the Ps3 version for 70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

What a ****in awesome game this is....I haven't played any other game that immerses you in the action so well. Definitely worth the high review scores its gettin. Game of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Same with the HMV in town as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Why are they charging more for the PS3 version? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Tauren wrote: »
    unfortunately I have no idea how to get to Nutgrove, and I have no interest in heading into city centre.

If i wasn't so impatient I would get it tomorrow, as I'm getting dragged into town by the other half.

It's only a 2 minute drive from Dundrum S.C.

See attached map.
    Forgive my crappy artwork.:o

*edit* just checked stock at Nutgrove(3.20pm) and it says in stock for one copy.Look for two and it says out of stock. Could this mean they've only one copy left?? My advice is to ring and reverse before it's too late. 01-216216 Nutgrove store no. 392 cod4 cat. no.568/6209

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

how much in tesco ????...was in tesco clonmel today and they had about 10 copies left..was in a hurry so i didnt check the price.....

DarkJager wrote: »
    What a ****in awesome game this is....I haven't played any other game that immerses you in the action so well. Definitely worth the high review scores its gettin. Game of the year.

i agree....its the best game i ever played, 3 missions in and im hooked. does anyone think its a bit easy? im breezing it on hardened and i never played call of duty before and i hardly ever play FPS games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

does anyone think its a bit easy? im breezing it on hardened and i never played call of duty before and i hardly ever play FPS games

Why not go on vet then?

might aswell stay on hardened, then il do it again on veteran

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

got it for 55 Euro in Virgin blanch:) just across from there they are selling for 70 Euro in Game Blanch.

However Game in Blanch do have a good deal on Tomb Raider Anniversary for the 360, its 29.99 there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I just picked it up half hour ago in Virgin in the Crescent shopping centre Limerick for 55. Guy at till told me it came in at 60 but was discounted straight away. Before I bought it there I went into Gamestop beside Virgin and asked manager if he would price match. They wanted 70 euro !! And 95 for the special edition !!! They don't price match officially , but asked anyway as I used get alot of stuff there. No luck. Amazingly he told me over 100 people had bought it there and paid 70 euro today !! Hard to believe. Makes you wonder about the margins on games on how they rip the public off and how some of the public don't shop around. Gamestop are consistently expensive with new releases, though the guy I spoke to said their hurlilng game is cheaper then Virgins so it balances out...LOL And their 2nd hand prices are good according to themselved. I asked them to explain how they were charging 60 euro for a 2nd hand bioshock when it's 60 euro new everywhere else, how they were looking for 75 euro for quake4 when everywhere else had it for 50, and why their 2nd hand Xbox 360's were a tenner cheaper then new not so long ago. Maybe their rugby game balanced it out :) Their trade ins are a major ripoff too. 20 euro for an Xbox360 wheel that is over 130 new !! 3 euro for some DVD's. Game are as bad. If the DVD is not on their list you get an automatic 1 euro for them !. May not be the case now, but their prices are far from the best either. I will stick with Play and Xtravision, 2nd hand usually and will boycott these ripoff merchants from now on me thinks. Should have done it ages ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Death from above......pure class. Love watching little bodies flying through the air.:D
    Some of the levels still look like WW2 the way the artwork is drawn. Still a fabulous game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Scruff wrote: »
    Played it there for 5 mins in Rip-Off Central* was on a ps3 and the tv needed its colours settings tuned but it was still class! Cant wait for it to arrive from play-asia.

Dont buy it in Rip-Off Central as its €75!! whats even worse is its €5 more expensive than the ps3 version.

*Game on Dawson St, Dublin 2.

you obviously didnt look at the boxes properly in your so called rip off central. its 75 euro for the special edition and the same price as ps3 for the normal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Flaccus wrote: »
    I just picked it up half hour ago in Virgin in the Crescent shopping centre Limerick for 55. Guy at till told me it came in at 60 but was discounted straight away. Before I bought it there I went into Gamestop beside Virgin and asked manager if he would price match. They wanted 70 euro !! And 95 for the special edition !!! They don't price match officially , but asked anyway as I used get alot of stuff there. No luck. Amazingly he told me over 100 people had bought it there and paid 70 euro today !! Hard to believe.

Fook it anyway. I was one of those that bought it in Gamestop in the Crescent only an hour ago. Had a look at the stand at front of Virgin and could have sworn I saw it priced at €70 so kept going to Gamestop. Obviously read something wrong. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Return it mate...like game they take stuff back and will give you a full refund. As long as it's in perfect nick and you have the receipt. Save yourself 15 euro and buy it in Virgin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Had it opened already. Well fook them anyway. Never going in there again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

just got it in xtravision for 59.99 and saving private ryan on dvd free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

well my console just died.......again

looks like there'll be a 2 week wait for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Got it in Argos for 60€. Loving it. So much better of a shooter than Halo I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Think I'll get this today. $60 (+tax) in NY which is about 45euro. Got Tomb Raider for 18euro too. Which was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

ciano1 wrote: »
    just got it in xtravision for 59.99 and saving private ryan on dvd free

Sounds good. I checked today in my local xtravision, it was 64.99, no dvds and they only offered me 30 quid for FIFA 08 and PES6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ghillies in the Mist. what a level!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ghillies in the Mist. what a level!!

It's good until the very end, I kept dying, must have been stuck on the last checkpoint for an hour. (I'm playing on hardened, mind) and they actually have it scripted so a dog attacks you when you carry the guy to the chopper, so evil.

Advertisement