Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD4: Modern Warfare

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

might aswell stay on hardened, then il do it again on veteran

First few missions are a breeze on hardened, wait till the end of ghillies in the mist, oh just you wait *evil laughter*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

ShaneU wrote: »
    First few missions are a breeze on hardened, wait till the end of ghillies in the mist, oh just you wait *evil laughter*

ah im on the one before that, me loves a challenge :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

We should start our own boards clan, Xbox Rebel1977 if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Class game, I'm loving the maps added since the beta. Haven't really been playing the single player all that much coz online is frickin lethal!

Add me for a game :D

Flaccus wrote: »
    I just picked it up half hour ago in Virgin in the Crescent shopping centre Limerick for 55. Guy at till told me it came in at 60 but was discounted straight away. Before I bought it there I went into Gamestop beside Virgin and asked manager if he would price match. They wanted 70 euro !! And 95 for the special edition !!! They don't price match officially , but asked anyway as I used get alot of stuff there. No luck. Amazingly he told me over 100 people had bought it there and paid 70 euro today !! Hard to believe. Makes you wonder about the margins on games on how they rip the public off and how some of the public don't shop around. Gamestop are consistently expensive with new releases, though the guy I spoke to said their hurlilng game is cheaper then Virgins so it balances out...LOL And their 2nd hand prices are good according to themselved. I asked them to explain how they were charging 60 euro for a 2nd hand bioshock when it's 60 euro new everywhere else, how they were looking for 75 euro for quake4 when everywhere else had it for 50, and why their 2nd hand Xbox 360's were a tenner cheaper then new not so long ago. Maybe their rugby game balanced it out :) Their trade ins are a major ripoff too. 20 euro for an Xbox360 wheel that is over 130 new !! 3 euro for some DVD's. Game are as bad. If the DVD is not on their list you get an automatic 1 euro for them !. May not be the case now, but their prices are far from the best either. I will stick with Play and Xtravision, 2nd hand usually and will boycott these ripoff merchants from now on me thinks. Should have done it ages ago.

Just a heads up, in the Cresent you get a €5 voucher with it in Argos, probably why Virgin sell it at €55, as for Gamestop it is indeed €15 more:eek:, couldn't believe it when i saw the price, definitely pays to shop around:D.
    Can't believe people don't walk over to Argos or Virgin.(there literally isn't 20 feet between the 3 stores:rolleyes:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

JeanClaude wrote: »
    Just a heads up, in the Cresent you get a €5 voucher with it in Argos, probably why Virgin sell it at €55, as for Gamestop it is indeed €15 more:eek:, couldn't believe it when i saw the price, definitely pays to shop around:D.
    Can't believe people don't walk over to Argos or Virgin.(there literally isn't 20 feet between the 3 stores:rolleyes:)

Not everyone reads boards ;)

grizzly wrote: »
    Not everyone reads boards ;)

In fairness Grizzly, you don't even have to be able to read, just know the difference between €69.99 and €55..:p :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Indeed. I had no information about prices from boards. Just went into different shops and bought it in the cheapest place. Paying for a game without checking prices in other places is just stupid in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Just did ''death from above'' SAAAVAGE. The chatter thats going on while your dropping huge bombs on people is great.
    Not mad on the multiplayer tbh but only played 2 team deathmatches so i guess i cant realy have an opinion on it yet.
    Also the shotguns in this game are the best ever i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ghillies in the Mist. what a level!!

try that level on veteran , took me easily 4 hours on and off just at the final part. Control Centre in Goldeneye is a piece of piss compared to this.

The chatter from death from above is a bit sick really its nearly a carbon copy of an attack an AC130 did on people exiting a church in iraq the fact the underlining the CHURCH IS NOT A TARGET makes it more so. Cracking level tho :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

I cant get onto Live or Xbox.com at the moment? Anyone else having the same problem? This is coming up on xbox.com: Server Error in '/' Application.
    Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

etc...:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

yeah live is ****ed up

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ShaneU wrote: »

I see what you mean im playing on normal and stuck on this last bit since last night, it seems almost impossible to stay alive:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

CyberWaste wrote: »
    I cant get onto Live or Xbox.com at the moment? Anyone else having the same problem? This is coming up on xbox.com: Server Error in '/' Application.
    Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

etc...:mad:

Its been having problems on and off for last two days, mainly seems to be Infinity Wards servers rather than Xbox Live's as the rest is working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

mcgovern wrote: »
    Its been having problems on and off for last two days, mainly seems to be Infinity Wards servers rather than Xbox Live's as the rest is working.

I couldnt get on the last hour or two! I thought it was my xbox(was full sure i was about to get rrod) but i put on halo and it was grand !! IW servers must not have been ready for such a stampede of interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Finished on Veteran today, fairly short but great anyway.

Has anyone tried the
    epilogue
    on Vet yet? Farking hell it's a bitch. Will try again later.

Holy shiiit, just managed to do that, I have no idea how. Probably the hardest part of the game, for me. Kept running out of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

koneko wrote: »
    Finished on Veteran today, fairly short but great anyway.

Has anyone tried the
    epilogue
    on Vet yet? Farking hell it's a bitch. Will try again later.
    koneko wrote: »
    Holy shiiit, just managed to do that, I have no idea how. Probably the hardest part of the game, for me. Kept running out of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbYXV0UivpM

that guy doesnt have any issues with it :eek:

i did with about 15 seconds to go , nailed the hostage when i had 20 left :(

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Gonzo wrote: »
    I see what you mean im playing on normal and stuck on this last bit since last night, it seems almost impossible to stay alive:(

The end of that level successfully ruined that whole level for me, up til that point it was fantastic. Not gonna bother repeating what i wrote in the cod4 review thread on the cod board, but suffice to say, cod4 can go **** itself. This game is getting traded first thing on friday for assassins creed.

KdjaCL wrote: »

On Veteran? After you save the hostage you get a new timer to get out of the plane.
    I did it in the end, but it seems to take very precise movements and flashbanging, one mistake and you're gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

KdjaCL wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbYXV0UivpM

that guy doesnt have any issues with it :eek:

kdjac
    How does that guy not get blinded by his flashbangs? Whenever I throw them I have to look away otherwise I get blinded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

humanji wrote: »
    How does that guy not get blinded by his flashbangs? Whenever I throw them I have to look away otherwise I get blinded.

Cos he's not real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Been playing online since I got it, not touched the single player. The desert eagle is lethal, only a few levels till I get it too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Ghillies in the mist is probably one of the best missions for a game ever. Talk about an adrenaline rush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Oh hardy har har :D

Serioously though, if I throw a flashbang IN THE GAME :P at that distance, the screen will go white. Maybe my ones are more potent...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

For those of you that are interested in some technical aspects of the game it appears that COD4, like Halo3, doesnt run in native 720p but at 1024x600 with 2xAA. Discussion here at b3d forums

Thats just as a by the by and not meant to detract from the gaming experience. Highlights technical limitations at reaching the microsoft "requirement" that all games run at 720p minimum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Kenny 5 wrote: »
    Been playing online since I got it, not touched the single player. The desert eagle is lethal, only a few levels till I get it too :)

This is one thing i don't like about some modern games, they think the d'eagle is the ultimate handgun.

I can tell you now no one in their right mind would choose one as a secondary/reserve weapon. They weigh a ton, shoot like sh1t and re-coil very heavily. The .50 AE version only has a 7 round magazine. In short its a piece of sh1t. Some glock in .45 is just a better choice all round. There's a lot of nice S&W .45 handguns as well.

Usually hitting someone with a desert eagle in a game is an instant kill despite it having the same energy as your standard .223 round 1200-1300 ft lbs. Complete load of me bollox

Ah I'm sure I'll use it too when I unlock it but it annoys me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Vegeta wrote: »
    This is one thing i don't like about some modern games, they think the d'eagle is the ultimate handgun.

I can tell you now no one in their right mind would choose one as a secondary/reserve weapon. They weigh a ton, shoot like sh1t and re-coil very heavily. The .50 AE version only has a 7 round magazine. In short its a piece of sh1t. Some glock in .45 is just a better choice all round. There's a lot of nice S&W .45 handguns as well.

Usually hitting someone with a desert eagle in a game is an instant kill despite it having the same energy as your standard .223 round 1200-1300 ft lbs. Complete load of me bollox

Ah I'm sure I'll use it too when I unlock it but it annoys me.

/me backs away from the internet!!!!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Kenny 5 wrote: »
    /me backs away from the internet!!!!! :p

lol I like me guns alright (I have 3)

wish there was more opportunity to get a job with them here in ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Ghillies in the mist is probably one of the best missions for a game ever. Talk about an adrenaline rush.

I agree its the best level in the game, the game is great itself short but great am playing it through on veteran now just on the mission before Ghillies in the mist! should be fun at the end

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement