Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD4: Modern Warfare

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Trading cod4 for AC after work today. Good riddance...biggest pile of **** ive wasted money on since.....that time i bought a big pile of ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

0ubliette wrote: »
    Trading cod4 for AC after work today. Good riddance...biggest pile of **** ive wasted money on since.....that time i bought a big pile of ****.

Good for you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm absolutely loving this game. Probably the only game I've played on the 360 to date that's managed to strike a good balance between the SP and MP. The division of resources always seems to make one or both suffer. Definite contender for GOTY. I can't see myself going back to Halo 3 for some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

ah thats a shame, really good game it is once you get into it! Ill be buying assassins creed today if its in xtravision.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Posting this without anything to quantify it is a bit trollish – boards is a discussion forum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

there there 0ubliette, here's your rattle now you behave in that pram, you hear me

I have to say I like the multiplayer but have not played single player so I will hold off on a full opinion until I get a few hours up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Got it last week but have only just started playing COD4 today. Loving it so far. Only on the 2nd SAS level though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I've only played the PC demo which I'd imagine isn't far off the 360 version. After playing Crysis it just felt so linear of run shoot and run. Is the final game the same ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    I've only played the PC demo which I'd imagine isn't far off the 360 version. After playing Crysis it just felt so linear of run shoot and run. Is the final game the same ?

Run in shoot in CoD?

Yes basically but its got so much depth atmosphere and a pretty good storyline you forget your just running and shooting!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Vegeta wrote: »
    there there 0ubliette, here's your rattle now you behave in that pram, you hear me

I have to say I like the multiplayer but have not played single player so I will hold off on a full opinion until I get a few hours up

careygag145dj6ef2.gif

ow....my pride...

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

you should have gone to specsavers :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Spaco

if anyone is up for a game, pencil me in. i'll be between AC and COD4 and HL. keep me posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I got the game today, havent played much of it yet but seems really good.

Is it hard to get into online games, took me awhile to get into one with a few people and I had to host it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Anyone out there playing this on veteran? At the level were the objective is "get to the launch control room" theres a timer, and the game refuses to give me a checkpoint, and I keep dying when I reach a certain area. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Yeah you have to get to certain points within certain times. I got the one after about 7.20 to the bottom of the first stairs but the next one to the other end of the coridoor with the red light I find impossible to get to. Had to pack it in and do it on hardened so its the only act I havent got on vet. Will go back in the future to do it.

Have a look at this guy though:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic9wzAHL_rM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

bucks73 wrote: »
    Yeah you have to get to certain points within certain times. I got the one after about 7.20 to the bottom of the first stairs but the next one to the other end of the coridoor with the red light I find impossible to get to. Had to pack it in and do it on hardened so its the only act I havent got on vet. Will go back in the future to do it.

Have a look at this guy though:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic9wzAHL_rM

I thought it was a glitch, but you must be right, haveto get certain distance in certain time before the checkpoint registers.

I did it in the end.

Stuck on last level now
    60 seconds to **** like, 30-40 people to save VIP

Fair play. Its wrecking my head. That epilogue is very tough alright but I will be happy just getting that other one on Vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Does anybody know a link where it has all the grades for cod4?

cheers

So after playing about 18 hours of multiplayer this weekend (team deathmatch) here are my negative points on the game

firstly I have no real talent at gaming but would consider myself an average joe

lag effects the game big time, I am not talking about players stuttering across the screen type lag. When you are killed you see a replay of your death. Countless times in these scenarios I would see the enemy first and start shooting first, strangely I woud be the one to die, firstly I thought I was just a crap shot but when I saw the replay of my death I don't even loose one round yet on my screen I would let rip. That drove me mental a few times, just could not understand how people were surviving.

long range weapons vastly under powered, everyone loves a good scoped rifle but in multiplayer (team death match) they are just not powerful enough. None of the players appear to wear any body armour and yet a centre mass shot does not kill. Drives you mental when trying to play as a sniper in the game

they are my only 2 gripes with it

Other than I am not very good :p

loving the game though, loads of fun with it. Haven't even started single player yet

Does anybody know a link where it has all the grades for cod4?

cheers

www.charlieoscardelta.com

It took about 5 days for them to send the verification email but it did come. Log in and then click on your rank. Mine still says private even though Im a staff seargent. This will bring up a page showing all the ranks and points required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

cheers man.

it says im a corporal. but im a gunnery serg part 2 ( i think)

Yeah seems pretty slow to update. They should probably take a look at Bungie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Maybe my friend and I weren't thinking straight at the time, but with both of us on one console (2 seperate Gold Live Accounts signed in) only one of us could play online at a time... So, did we miss something, or did the devs leave out a brilliant feature that Halo 3, before that GRAW and even back as far as Perfect Dark Zero managed to include???:(

Maybe my friend and I weren't thinking straight at the time, but with both of us on one console (2 seperate Gold Live Accounts signed in) only one of us could play online at a time... So, did we miss something, or did the devs leave out a brilliant feature that Halo 3, before that GRAW and even back as far as Perfect Dark Zero managed to include???:(

This is a very good question anyone know the answer???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No. The game doesn't support online split-screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

No. The game doesn't support online split-screen.

FFS... That is piss poor!!! For a game that does so many things right, to fail to do something that, the often dismal, Perfect Dark Zero did from launch!!!:mad:

Won't affect me a lot of the time, but many times it will... and there's no excuse tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Anyone hear that infinity ward are going to bring out night time versions of all the maps? Overgrown at night would be cool.

grizzly wrote: »
    Anyone hear that infinity ward are going to bring out night time versions of all the maps? Overgrown at night would be cool.

please let this be true (and free to download), I was thinking about it the other day actually how it would be cool if the time of day on the map matched the hosts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Vegeta wrote: »
    please let this be true (and free to download), I was thinking about it the other day actually how it would be cool if the time of day on the map matched the hosts

You can forget about it being free, lots of MS points required i'm afraid.:( More moolah for Bill Gates:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'm picking up a new game tomorrow and its COD4 or Orange Box. Any of you guys think I'd be better with Orange Box?

Advertisement