Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stanley stove installation - cork

Options
  • 30-10-2007 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Hey

just wondering does anybody know someone around the cork area, that could fit a stanley stove ?

have a gas fire insert at the moment, and is crap at heating the sitting room. thinking of getting rid of the fire place and the back of it, and set the stanley back into the fire place a little, and square it off something like this, with the Oisin stove

http://www.waterfordstanley.com/44_508.htm

cheers
    scuby

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

I have a Stanley Stove but I live in the West of Ireland. Where you purchased should have given you a name to commission it. Don't let just any plumber install it - he has to be recommended by Stanley otherwise your gurantee, if anything goes wrong, will be null and void.

The difficulty about buying these items is the backup. You could be waiting a while to get it commissioned. As for setting it into the fireplace, there are rules and regulations (check your manual). Mine is set partly in the fireplace and partly outside it as there has to be air circulating around it. When you get it up and running it provided good heat. We leave ours on 24/7 from November onwards to March and it burns very little oil. Ours have had a few upgrades as recommended by Waterford Stanley, and it is a pain waiting for the plumber. Once we had to do without it for 8 weeks during the very cold winter a few years ago! It was back to the briquettes in another room during that period!!!

Ring Waterford Stanley as they will also have names for your area. Good Luck.

Advertisement