Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone see the UFO on RTE news at 6?

• 30-10-2007 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

When that dude was reporting from Chicago.

It looked like a plane or something in the background sky, but it disappeared suddenly. Looked really cool.

Conclusion: UFOs exist.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

womoma wrote: »
    Of course they do, everytime you look at somethingin the sky and don't know what it is.

If you say you don't believe in them, one of them dies!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

That wasn't an alien reporting either, it was Marty Morrissey.

Although, who can tell the difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I want to believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

When that dude was reporting from Chicago.

It looked like a plane or something in the background sky, but it disappeared suddenly. Looked really cool.

Great place for UFOs is Chicago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

biko wrote: »
    I want to believe

that marty morrissey is an alien??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

But did anyone see it? My dad and I both noticed. It looked pretty cool.

I suppose there is a chance it could have been The Flying Spaghetti Monster (parmesan be upon him)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I suppose there is a chance it could have been The Flying Spaghetti Monster (parmesan be upon him)

They can't prove he doesn't exist.

If anyone could find the repot on RTEs site, that would be well cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Cionnfhaolaidh

UFOs? You've gotta be kidding me. Anyone who thinks that aliens or UFOs exist are either inhaling swamp gas straight from the bottle or in denial of weather baloons.

• Advertisement

Anyone who thinks that aliens or UFOs exist are either inhaling swamp gas straight from the bottle or in denial of weather baloons.

Well that is an assertion with no points backing it up, so it is affectively useless.

My challenge to you sir, - Prove they dont exist, and while youre at it, prove the flying spaghetti monster doesnt exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Saint Bob

UFOs? You've gotta be kidding me. Anyone who thinks that aliens or UFOs exist are either inhaling swamp gas straight from the bottle or in denial of weather baloons.

UFO = unidentified flying object

a dam brick can be a UFO its just something that flies and hasnt been identified yet, when someone says they seen a UFO just means they dont know wtf it is

So how can UFO's not exist when its not a object in itself but a term to describe something else....

And on teh subject of Aliens teh chances of there being NO life outside of our Planet or Galaxy is astronomically SMALL, a fungus on a rock on some planet a billon miles away qualifys as an alien =p

What I saw, I cannot identify as being an airplane, a hot air balloon, a flying teapot, spaghetti monoster, or a FLYING SAUCER!

So, as far as I'm concerned, I saw a UFO, maaaan.

And it went right across the sky. And then, l mean, it just suddenly, -lt just changed direction and went whizzing off.

lt flashed three times at me and zigzagged and whizzed off.

And l saw it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Well that is an assertion with no points backing it up, so it is affectively useless.

My challenge to you sir, - Prove they dont exist, and while youre at it, prove the flying spaghetti monster doesnt exist.

Thats a fantastic scientific principle:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

Aliens are humans from the future who are playing timetravel. Think about it. Wouldn't you do it. Thats why they have been seen all over the world and back through recorded history. Mothman, he was one too. I'm one too..Night night.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

My password is Trustno1

ArraMusha wrote: »
    Aliens are humans from the future who are playing timetravel. Think about it. Wouldn't you do it.

That's actually a really interesting theory. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

link please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

lt flashed three times at me and zigzagged and whizzed off.

That was one perverted alien you came across there.

I cant find the report on the RTE site yet, but it was tonights 6one news and the dude was in Chicago.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

they just showed the clip again on news 2 and it is a bit weird alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol

was just on again there seen it too weird alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Is this in some way different from other dodgy UFO videos that we've seen many times?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

it is part of the sports news here:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1030/6news_av.html?2304219,null,230

the second time he comes on around 3min+ in, but hard to make out in the online version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

It's just a helicopter changing direction. You see lots of the things over the large cities over there. Police and T.V. coptors are almost always over the main cities.

cool tho innit :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I saw a UFO before. T'was mad.

True story.

what happened?

Well by UFO I mean a UFO... as in, it was flying, and I don't know wtf it was or have seen the like of it.

I am not saying I believe it was full of green/grey men etc.

I was cycling home from work, on the Belgard Road, a couple years ago, late summer time and dusk was just setting in.

As I slowed to a halt at a traffic light I noticed above in the sky there was a small (small from where I was) round ....thing, It was like a round ball of flame, pulsing like a flame would,
    yellow and red, it really just looked like a small round ball of flame sitting there in the sky.

So I was gawking at it, as you would. Then suddenly it zipped across the sky to a certain point leaving a kind of warp 7 like flame trail behind it, only took half a second.

Once it reached the new point, the trail caught up wit the ball of flame type object. (in a 1/6 second type timeframe).

It then disappeared with a green light/flash, meaning, the little ball of flame disappeared and a nano second later a green light flashed for brief moment where it had disappeared. (The green light was more like a dot, far smaller than the ball.

That's what I saw, thought it was different.

If I had been posting on boards, I'd of posted about it at the time. :)

• Advertisement

fook man. I wanna see that.

Yea, it was cool, I just though 'wow, that was weird, and pretty cool!' :)

Wonder what the heck it was. :eek::)

My mum claims to have seen a cone-link thing fly across the sky when she was a child.

I thought that was pretty cool but in fairness, my mum has seen a monster, been hit by lightning, and met Jesus. She's kinda lucky that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

I don't want to put a dampner on things, but seeing as it was the evening before Halloween, could it have been a firework? I mean, these things aren't unheard of at this time of year:rolleyes:

il gatto wrote: »
    I don't want to put a dampner on things, but seeing as it was the evening before Halloween, could it have been a firework? I mean, these things aren't unheard of at this time of year:rolleyes:

If you are referring to my story, you must not of read a bit of it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Sorry. I meant the RTE thing. Your story sound similar to something that happened me a few years back.:eek:

• Advertisement

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Well by UFO I mean a UFO... as in, it was flying, and I don't know wtf it was or have seen the like of it.
    sounds like you saw "ball lightning".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Ann Doyle is really an alien.

Advertisement