Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To anybody who cant find a wii..........

Options
  • 30-10-2007 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

GAME and xtra-game in Tallaght have some in stock. don't know about anywhere else.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Game in Galway have posters up saying they're in stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭innocenteyesuk

Oh thank you so much!

Gonna go up in the morning, was waiting for Virgin as they have a great deal but I don't care anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

How the feck can there still be a shortage of wiis?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Stephen wrote: »

i was in my local xtra-vision last night and a guy was doing his nut in because they had none. "no one does" he said. so they took a pre-order for a delivery they "might" get.

i wanted so badly to tap him on the shoulder and tell him how great it was to get one at launch last year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I bought one about a month ago. Just walked into a shop and they had a heap of them. I was blissfully unaware of any shortages :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Stephen wrote: »
    dunno. its a bit of a mystery alright. when i asked about them a few weeks ago in both GAME and xtra-game they said they hadn't got any and they didnt know when they'd get any more in. so, while in the square yesterday i just asked (you know, just on the off chance they might have one) and there u go, they had some.

and btw innocenteyesuk, did you manage to get one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭innocenteyesuk

Ended up getting one in Argos in Dundrum today, they had a better deal than Game as I could pick my own game.

I was talking to people yesterday who said their stores were ordering in say 50 Wii's but only getting 10 from Nintendo due to demand.

Virgin told me they expected a delivery last night but they heard it will be next Friday now at the earliest.

Watch the Argos website, its the ONLY way to reserve Wii's that are in stock in Argos, can't do it over the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mega

Checked all over today, all sold out. Does anyone know were on the southside I can get one. Under pressure, HO HO HO.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭hamnegg

Amazon if you're badly stuck!! would work out cheaper too. I've never bought off it mind you. But I think its supposed to be more reliable than ebay and i could never fault that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mega

Thanks Hamnegg but I took innocenteyesucks advice and checked out argos on the net. Happy days I was able to reserve one. Strange that only 20 min before I rang there reserve line and was told by that auto woman with the annoying voice that they were out of stock and could not be ordered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭hamnegg

sound! at least santa is gonna deliver!! Lets just hope Steve Gerrard will too today!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Don't know about here but I have heard several stories from the states about shops (mostly Target and Best buy) hoarding their stock until the the xmas rush. There was one bloke who was a Target employee mentioned on a podcast that his store had 40 to 50 of the things sitting in the back.

Another bloke was told by a Target sales assistant that another branch up the road had them in. He went there only to be told they were out of stock. After kicking up a ruck, the manager discreetly sold him one. He brought it out in a double lined bag so nobody could see it. He was then told that the stock in question is being kept for a particular sale they have set in the near future.

Advertisement