Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new card again

Options
  • 30-10-2007 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Hey guys ive a dell 5150 with 2gb ram and a 7600gt card.
    im looking to upgrade the card namely to play crysis on mainly high settings.
    i had the demo running on medium settings but the draw distance wasnt great.
    what card and psu would be the best to go for?
    i read somewhere my case would only accept single slot cards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

well ya have a pci-express slot, so i think ur best option at this stage would be to go for brand spanking new 8800gt 512mb card from nVIDIA, at 270ish euro its as good as bang for buck ur gonna find, but jus to let you know, crysis is an extraordinarily demanding game which has been designed for literally the generation of pc's. but i think its safe to say with a 8800gt, ul be runnin all high in crysis, as ive a 8800gts 320mb, and im runnin all high. ur processor might be bottle neckin it a bit tho.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I seriously doubt his psu would have enough power for an 8800. It probably wouldn't fit in his case either.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

ive being considering the x1950 card but which x1950 card should i go for?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The x1950 pro is a great card for the money and should fit in your case. Your psu should have enough power for it too.

so the pro is the one to go for is it a 256mb or a 512mb card

• Advertisement

so the pro is the one to go for is it a 256mb or a 512mb card

I doubt you'll notice much of a difference between the two. The 512MB one would be better at high resolutions and if you enable AA at high levels.

where would the best place to get one i may as well go for the 512mb one
    how does the x1950 xtx compare to the x1950 pro?

Advertisement