Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keith! Save me!

Options
  • 30-10-2007 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭

Ok, I have done something awkward with my Glock 19 (the one you just fixed).

I was replacing the slide on the pistol but it jammed solid and no matter how hard I work with it the cursed thing wont budge.

Any ideas or should I just just bring it to you and with great embarassment hand it over for inspection?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

sounds like the recoil rod has been misaligned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Sounds like another hivemind blunder!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

knew i could feel my ears burning....

What cherubaul said, recoil rod is probably causing the jam, getting the slide back off is going to be a pain, but a bit of brute force will probably do it, just make sure not to use too much force incase something breaks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Ah the old brute force and ignorance approach thats the kind of technical advice I can really get behind :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,987 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I hope I don't get banned for this;

Have you tried shouting at it?

If I do it was worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

krazy_8s wrote: »

If I do it was worth it.

I've even tried strong language.

krazy_8s wrote: »

If I do it was worth it.

Banned for one week

Nah, im not that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

kdouglas wrote: »
    knew i could feel my ears burning....

What cherubaul said, recoil rod is probably causing the jam, getting the slide back off is going to be a pain, but a bit of brute force will probably do it, just make sure not to use too much force incase something breaks :)

Um .. brute force and ignorance (both of which I have in abundance) seems to be failing me. I'll bring it along to hrta at some point and show you what I mean.

The barrel and spring guide (I'm assuming that is the recoil rod) are actually pushed forward from the assembly, sticking out a good inch or so beyond their usual position.

hmmm... sounds like you've gotten it pretty well jammed, ill be at hrta this saturday anyway if you want me to have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

try lifting the slide away from the frame as you pull it away from the frame. it might just take enough pressure off the jam to allow you to take the gun down.

and have you triewd silicon oil :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

get yourself a hammer and a piece of wood, then you can wack it free without causing any impact damage to the pistol, id advise going easy first and gradually hit harder instead of going "AGGhhhhhhh OPEN YA BAST***, bang,bang,bang,".,.lol., :D

Advertisement