Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

market house, manorhamilton

• 30-10-2007 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi
    Does anyone have any info on this buiding, as in it's past function, when it was built, the architect, etc.
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Did you try googling it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭il gatto

Pretty sure it was used as a market house;) Seriously though, I only remember it as a hardware/farm supply store. Or I could be completely wrong. Oh well, I tried.:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Is that the building on the sq or the pub? Dm Auctions estate agents are beside would ahve some local info. Otherwise theres probably a local history group that meet, (check leitrim observer) or the library.
    The building by the pub, was used up until recently as a lttle gift shop, but at least it was used. Shame to see getting run down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭cinnamon

muffler wrote: »
    Did you try googling it?

yeah, not much information at all. No photos at all.

It's ok though, I went to the manorhamilton library and got some info on it. Thanks to all the replies though. We are doing a project on it in college. Some person bought the building and I don't know what they are doing with it.

Our project is to convert it into an Eco Resource centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭congress3

It used to be a petrol station back in the 50's i think. Although I could be wrong about the date i know it definitely was a petrol station at some time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 marcosgraveyard

It used to be a Maxol Garage, then B.J Connolly had a bicycle repair shop there, Haslett's Joinery were there for a good while too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

My Grandparents had a garage in it, sometime during the 50's

Don't have very many details on it but it would have closed late 50's early 60's.

I heard there was a programme on it today on Ocean FM but I missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

It's a lovely building, isn't it? I feel the smashed in windows really add to the overall theme of Manorhamilton town center.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dazzler88

cinnamon wrote: »
    yeah, not much information at all. No photos at all.

It's ok though, I went to the manorhamilton library and got some info on it. Thanks to all the replies though. We are doing a project on it in college. Some person bought the building and I don't know what they are doing with it.

Our project is to convert it into an Eco Resource centre.
    it was bought by a building developer during the boom years but sadly his money ran out and the bubble bust,so he never gotr the chance to develop it..

Advertisement