Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best place to sell privately

Options
  • 30-10-2007 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I was told this time of year is pretty good for used car sales. My question is - where is the best place to advertise/sell and sell pretty quickly.

Anyone sold a car recently? - I'd be most interested in hearing your experiences.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

not a great time to sell to be honest.
    cbg.ie and carzone.ie are good. what car are you selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'd never buy this time of year, maybe i'm weird?

Bought my latest car in January of this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭DaveBH

Interesting - so I'm obviosly misinformed! If you were selling now, where would you sell? Apart from cbg or carzone should I consider magazines/newspapers and if so, which? It's a '07 Avensis by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you're up against all the ex hire drives and demos (which give a potential customer the facility to trade in or finance their car) which model is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

I've my '02 BMW 318ci M3 Replica for sale in a few places...
    Try Carzone, CBG, Adverts.ie and Buy and Sell and Autotrader?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Sold my car recently and the wifes a few months back, both sold through ads on Carzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

DaveD wrote: »
    Sold my car recently and the wifes a few months back, both sold through ads on Carzone.

I've had my 00D Subaru Legacy up on most of the sites for a couple of weeks now - nobody has even phoned, even though I've dropped the price right down :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

I wouldn't say is the worse time of the year to sell your car (a bit slow indeed), but you are better-off now than next year when the price will drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

I think they were saying it is a bad time to sell because most people are waiting for 08 cars,cheaper cars in the new year or just plain saving for christmas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Buy on buyandsell.ie, sell on carzone or cbg

From my experience, that where you'll do best.

• Advertisement
Advertisement