Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download help?

Options
  • 30-10-2007 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

I'm not great with technology, especially when it comes to the technical aspect, so was just wondering if anyone here could help me out.

I downloaded an old dos game earlier on and I can't get it to work. I downloaded
    it, extracted all the files and all that, but when I went to run the application a window came up saying "this system does not support fullscreen mode". Any ideas on how to make the program run?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Right click the application (EXE or BAT file), go to properties. Click options tab, and the display options will let you switch between window and full screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Gave that a try, it didn't make any difference :(

cheers anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Ah, good old DOS games.

I played around with some of these a good while back (sometimes things are best left as a memory) with varying degrees of success. I found that http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?act=idx where a good source for information on how to get these old skool games up and running.

Advertisement