Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilroys College - Recognised?

Options
  • 30-10-2007 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,

was just wondering if anyone knows if the Childcare (and combined child psychology ) diplome course from Kilroys college is actually recognised by Chilcare / creche employers in Ireland. Have been thinking of doing this course in 2008 and was just wondering if it would be worth my while?

I have experience in special needs with kids with ASD as an ABA tutor and am having hard time getting another job in this area and am considering general childcare if my next few avenues don't turn up any jobs.

If anyone knows anything (or any employers especially) about Kilroy I'd appreciate the heads up (either PM or on thread)

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

I don't know anything about the specific course you mention with Kilroys, but justan opinion on Kilroys themselves.

I'm repeating my Irish LC this year, after being many many years away from the subject.
    I explained all this to Kilroys & was told the course suited me fine.
    Paid over €350 I think for the course.
    The 1st set of notes were abysmal. Completed my fist assignments, posted them off, waited weeks for them to finally come back. When they came back all I got was Wrong, wrong, wrong, & absolutely no explanations why they were wrong. No help or advice whatsoever offered.
    When I asked for contact details for my tutor, I was told I couldn't have them. The only contact I can have is to post off a list of questions with my work.

I found their service extermely poor.
    So much so, I've had to fork out another €750 for a proper course.

If I was you, I'd advise you go The College of Progressive Education route.
    It may be more expensive, but it's the most highly regarded course in the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lilwyrdsis

Thanx for letting me know how you found kilroys college, i really appreciate it. The progressive ones seemed quite pricey but obviously much better standard,

Thanx

Fi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 michelleturbo

Im so annoyed with them also.

I was getting a 100% on all my child care coursework - (baring in mind they prefer you to copy the text from the stuff you've just read).

And then I decided to look into what the diploma amounts to NVQ wise. Turns out that there meaning of Diploma is 'a certificate for a course of study'

in other words totally fake.

They won't return my calls, but have replied to my emails seeming to go round in circles, they also haven't yet returned what I've paid for it. But im still trying and am on to various routes of complaints.

So annoyed with them. DO NOT USE KILROYS COLLEGE. The diploma is fake

Advertisement