Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you addicted to the internets?

• 30-10-2007 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭

1: You ignore biological needs in order to hit the refresh button just 'one more time.' Food, water, and bathroom breaks can wait. The conversation cannot!

2: 'In the forum' is how you spend your evening downtime. You make an effort to go out whenever you suddenly realise how sad that statement is.

3: You know most of the people by their real name and have seen real pictures of them. You also know the name of their cat(s). It seems they all have cats.

4: You've been late for work or class because you having a really great conversation about... well, you don't remember, but it was hilarious!

5: You mention your conversations with 'online friends' regularly when in conversations with 'real-life friends' even though you know they don't care.

6: You start personifying all aspects of the forum, from quote buttons to auto-merge features. You imagine their personalities, eating habits, and clothing. As a group you discuss which elements are out to get you. Still, as long as you don't believe they talk to you, your probably not committable.

7: You watch your favorite TV shows at the same time as other forum members and keep a running commentary even though they're miles away and you've got friends or family in the next room.

8: You keep waiting for people to yell 'Norm!' when you come into a thread. You know it won't happen, but the vibe is there and your chair is well shaped to your but cheeks.

9: You have another thread or forum established just so you could talk about everything that goes on in the main forum. You go there to dis other members and talk about forum politics, but mainly its just an excuse to waste more time online with more pointless posts.

10: Your internet friends become your real-life friends. Life is good.

I sure am. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

7: You watch your favorite TV shows at the same time as other forum members and keep a running commentary even though they're miles away and you've got friends or family in the next room.

The Eurovision and Late Late Toy Show threads are the highlights of my year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Saint Bob

Im addicted to avoidin teh "real world" ;)

Really wouldnt say im addicted to teh internet despite teh amount of time I spend on it because its just to keep me entertained, if it wasnt this it would be something else, so no I aint an addict I spend so much time online due to much deeper phyclogical problems =D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

I have 8 of the signs, and if we widen being late to being late to meet friends, I get 9. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭hairyfish

Im gonna wake up and be 50 with repetitive strain injury and when i die someone will have to log on to my msn to tell people where my funeral will be and set up the appropriate We Miss Ben bebo page...

im not sayin im addicted to it im just saying i wouldnt know what i'd do without it...probably kill myself...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

a3kumr.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭hairyfish

id spend more time online if only i didnt have a life...

Advertisement