Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wholemeal Bread?

• 30-10-2007 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭

Whats the general view on bread? I know that white bread is a disaster for ya etc but what about wholemeal? Im wondering because at the minute im try to get a tad lean and im watching the heavy carbs, im by no means on a "shred" but would wholemeal brown bread be bad for the leaning process?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Wholemeal bread is a great addition to the diet, and certainly isn't inherently wrong, not even if you're leaning out. For manypeople (and you'll need to decide if this applies to you) who are losing weight, restricting carb intake to earlier in the day will allow them to lose weight quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Yeah iv been doing that for the past few weeks and iv noticed it a lot, i feel fresher for a lot longer as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

i know for my sports diet i am banned from eatin white bread but i am encouraged to use wholemeal also if ya can try use a filing that can compensate for a lack of butter as if possible this can be very beneficial esp for weight loss one recomendation is ham or salmon (fish oils prevent the bread from bein too dry to eat)

Advertisement