Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Elite: Cannot recover Gamertag

• 30-10-2007 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I hope someone can help me as xbox phone support are clueless. Got a new Elite (had a premium) I tried recovering my gamertag from xbox live so I could play online. All goes well up until I get to the screen saying it is downloading the gamertag info. It then gives me an error message saying xbox subscription is not available. Try again later. I get to enter my Gamertag and password etc but it is t this screen that it craps out. with an error message saying that the subscription service is unavailable and to try again later. The same happens when I attach the the old hard drive, it says my gamer tag was not fully recovered and to try again. The thing is, when I tried initially with the new drive i got friends online messages so it seems something happened. The first thing that happened when I connected the elite to my wireless network was that it downloaded an update. for the console.

Is anyone else having this error and can anyone help?

Any help/advice is appreciated as Ms support are clueless and yes I have entered all my details correctly (no dash int he email address, just a proper dot) I am able to sign into xbox live online and into windows Live ID with the same details. I even bought a months subscription incase that was the problem.

Help!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

When were you doing this? cause xbox live wasn't working earlier.

Hope you get it fixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

I have been trying it ffrom 7:30 onwards. I was able to create a test live account which I did to see if Live was working, and it seems to be but it still craps out at the gamertag download screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

is there a Live update ?

Maybe try updating before recovering GT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Not quite sure if this would work but might resolve it easier. Get a lend of a memory card and transfer profile that way, don't know if it will make any difference tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 asd

I just tried to recover my gamertag too and it says unavaliable try again later when I try to download it. I also had to do that update before I went online. I think there server is down or something. WTF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

It worked this morning for me. It must have been a problem with their servers. Thank ****! I was worried I had lost all my achievments.

Phew!!!

Advertisement