Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

15% off @HMV.co.uk [Oct. 31st & Nov. 1st]

• 30-10-2007 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Try the code HMV015. Only October 31st and November 1st

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Do you know if this works with the student discount as well?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just checked their terms and conditions, it doesn't. :( Oh well I'm still gonna order black books tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Shipping is normally decent.

Airmail packs for games/dvds etc. are about £2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Holy Crap Band of Brothers and Alien Quadrology are only £14.99 and even less with the discount !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

If I was to pre-order guitar hero III (+Controler) using this code would the discount hold or is it only stuff in stock ? Couldnt spot anything related to this in the T&C's ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Cheers Muppetkiller, I just got Band of Brothers for £14.74

I saw it for €24.99 in Xtravision last week but when I went back it was gone up to €34.99!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭JohnC.

c - 13 wrote: »
    If I was to pre-order guitar hero III (+Controler) using this code would the discount hold or is it only stuff in stock ? Couldnt spot anything related to this in the T&C's ?

The e-mail I got said it won't work with pre-orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

When your settign up an account, what do you do for the address? Obviosly you cant use the postcode address finder, do you leave it blank and enter it later?

All is good, found it.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Kahless wrote: »
    The e-mail I got said it won't work with pre-orders.

Ah bugger, here was me hoping to score one for around €78 :(
    Thanks anyway !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Code is coming up not recognised now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

If HMV015 doesn't work try HMV036. The discount will only work once per account so order everything in one go.

Shamelessly robbed from another forum:
    Alien Quadrology - £14.99 = £12.74
    Band of Brothers - £14.99 = £12.74
    Die Hard Quadrilogy - £24.99 = £21.24
    Dirty Dancing 20th Aniversary SE - £12.99 = £11.04
    Enter The Dragon - £2.99 = £2.54
    Extras Series 1 - £6.99 = £5.94
    Extras Series 2 - £6.99 = £5.94
    Friends Series 1-10 - £99.99 = £84.99
    Godfather 4 Disk Complete - £9.99 = £8.49
    Rocky Anthology - £17.99 = £15.29
    Rocky Complete saga - £29.99 = £25.49
    Royle Family Complete Collection - £14.99 = £12.74
    Scrubs Series 1-5 (hmv exclusive) - £119.99 = £101.99
    Sin City 2 Disk SE - £7.99 = £6.79
    Spooks Series 5 - £28.99 = £24.64
    That Mitchelle and Webb Look Series 1 - £11.99 = £10.19
    The Complete Police Academy - £17.99 = £15.29
    Ugly Betty Series 1 - £29.99 = £25.49
    Nice selection of 'Definitive Edition' movies - £6.99 = £5.94
    Some of the Pixar movies are supposed to be a good deal also
    http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/navigate.do?ctx=2914;-1;-1;-1&pPageID=2302&WT.ac=xmas07_kidsfamily_pixar
    Allegedly the '3 for £18' offer becomes 3 for £15.30 with the discount.

Keep in mind these prices do not include P&P (£2 per item, I think) so some may be cheaper elsewhere taking this into account.

Cheers for this Ruu. I've just bought a couple of things. I saved enough to cover the postage and then some.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I bought stuff.. I could of got a student discount?! Please, englighten me so I dont make the same mistake again!!

Sully wrote: »
    I bought stuff.. I could of got a student discount?! Please, englighten me so I dont make the same mistake again!!

If you get a student discount card in store, you have a number that you can enter online that gives you a 15% discount. I don't know where you enter the number though.

Advertisement