Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C'Mon! Lets Bring Mosney Back!! :)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

No one has mentioned the 6x4 room that the lazarqazar was in LOL !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

It leveled and turned into yet more houses.
    Its not worth mentioning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Those Spiral Pepsi hats ftw!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

Ohhh the memories... I used to love the place... Used to stay in a cousins house during the summer in Laytown and would go to Mosney maybe twice a month. We rarely paid in.... always finding another hole in the fence or way of distracting the security...! I suppose that was part of the reason i remember it so well...! I would absolutely love to get in there with my camera and take a few shots of its current state... I too remember it being massive...!

R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

bring back
    homelands
    once or twice a year, maybe creamfields, hi:fi, even hold ****** there, perfect place for it. kick the refugees out for a couple of nights a year, or, i couldnt care less what they do with it the rest of the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Eh.... Something else....
    Every year for a weekend in June from aged six to sixteen for the All-Ireland Ballroom Dancing Championships.

My parents have a lot to answer for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭intheknow

Ahh, i came to this post a bit late, But I remember being caught getting over the fence by security personell. He told me to go back in there and enjoy myself.....Sigh !!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Leave it as is forever... As a detention centre.
    Wertz wrote: »
    Where do we hold community game finals now? Do we even still have community games?

They're still held there in the summer. The place is exactly the same as when it was a holiday camp.

I think there's some future plans about building houses on the site, it was originally what they were going to do with it before they rented it out to the gov for the asylum seekers.

I miss the free pass i used to get for being a local :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

ah mosney, it used to be a great place to go to, does anybody remember the battle boats you could get into and trundle about in while everyone around the perimeter could buy balls to shoot at you from canons?

or the ghost train? man that was a really crappy ghost train, it was as short as well.

was there a really terrible roller coaster in it at some stage or am i thinking of something else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Eh.... Something else....
    All I remember about the place is trying to moon people from the swimming pool, but failing terribly because I couldn't swim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

The dragon slide was the best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Ah, memories of the Battle Boats suddenly flooding back. Defo the greatest way to waste a few euro in a place like this ever!

Advertisement