Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i heard it in the deise

• 31-10-2007 12:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭

whats your favourite waterford expression ? personally i love " go way ya whores melt " which just beats " he had a pair of balls on him like two cooking apples in a darrers bag " of course theres the classics like "hang blaa" for ham blaa or upon seeing a some what strange looking man the expression " look at go of yer man " is often heard .so what have ye heard ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Here's three for ya that I've heard:

One local gurrier to another up around Ballybricken: "I woulda bein' wit yor muddor last night only de doag bet me up de stayers!"

One woman to another on the bus to Lisduggan, complaining about the price of chicken curry in Crazy Prices: "1.79 for a bitta chicken!"

One woman my mother knows talking about another who moved to Ballinakill and started acting posh: "She have notions, she do! I knew her when she hadn't a knickers!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

i remember once being told in depth about a dinner a friend of mine had ,he said " ah stop the lights boy .it was some job boy ,got this stake, size of it !ya could break every window in the mercy with it ."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

On da ball boy. Got a stall offa da lack at the back a da picture house:

Very good. I had a romantic interlude with my girlfriend at the rear of the cinema.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

one fella threatening another fella; step away or i'll buurrrn ya with a slap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

i love "ya be going on " as a response to just about anything , you nearly hit someone with a football he says " ya be going on " you leave the house without drying your hair the mother shouts " ya be going on "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

kiwi sticks........ nunchucks the world over. except in waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

Innit, shur yur wan

Shur I was talking to urwan at the back of the kentucky innit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

At an under 11's hurling match...

GOOD MAN BOY!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

halfinch wrote: »
    Innit, shur yur wan

Shur I was talking to urwan at the back of the kentucky innit

is the word innit not london talk for isn't it ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

personally Im a huge fan of a blaa witha bita red lead..................from personal experience never ask for this in a deli outside waherford. they havent a notion what ya be on about :)

I was given the deise dictionary when I moved out of it and the bf gets great use out of it translating my daily sayings boy. LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

My favourite saying to use is "De head up on him boy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

"She was thin spared" - a thin female.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

"Yung Wawn" -

I couldn't believe it when I first heard my teacher referring to someone as the above down here. Up in Dublin this would have been considered Highly dissrespectfull and rude.

Advertisement