Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing courses

• 31-10-2007 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Theres 2 courses that i want to do. The computer systems course or the games developement one. They both have exactly the same first year. can you switch between the two after the first year?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Theres 2 courses that i want to do. The computer systems course or the games developement one. They both have exactly the same first year. can you switch between the two after the first year?

You do realise all this information is available on the UL website? Myself and most of the people on the forum don't mind being helpful to people as long they've shown a bit of initiative themselves and tried to find an answer before asking a question.
    Peteee wrote: »
    Yes.

A yes "but" would be a more accuarate answer to the question.

http://www.ul.ie/studentacademicadmin/files/Student%20Handbook%202006-7.pdf

From the bottom of page 34 of the Student Handbook you will find information on transferring between courses.

Cheers
    Rory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 aldaussie

In addition to the above it is got to contact the course director (the contact person at the bottom of the perspectus page), to find out more about the course and the likelihood of that you will be able to transfer (although in the case the first year of the programmes are the same it shouldn't be a problem.)

In cases where you just don't like the course and you are unsure of what course or opitions are available to you contact the Careers Service (they are competent) and they have information and 'profiling' test to give you a better idea.

Advertisement