Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC constantly rebooting

• 31-10-2007 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

All,

my PC currently is not starting up.

When the system is powered on it gives the following message
    "apologise for the inconvience....windows didn't start correctly.....
    reboot in safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last known good config or start windows normally...."

When selecting each of these separately...same outcome, sys reboots when getting to Windows XP startup.

last activity before the problem arouse was normal, no downloads, s/w or h/w installs. :confused: Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

gorgo wrote: »
    All,

my PC currently is not starting up.

When the system is powered on it gives the following message
    "apologise for the inconvience....windows didn't start correctly.....
    reboot in safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last known good config or start windows normally...."

When selecting each of these separately...same outcome, sys reboots when getting to Windows XP startup.

last activity before the problem arouse was normal, no downloads, s/w or h/w installs. :confused: Any help greatly appreciated.

Windows is corrupted and needs to be reinstalled more than likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭gorgo

I'd actually like to leave that as a last resort.....or is that the be all and end all!!!
    uberpixie wrote: »
    Windows is corrupted and needs to be reinstalled more than likely.

Just to try narrow the problem, if at all possible for future reference. I imagine a 1000 things could have corrupted windows, or is it during a certain process??:confused:

cheers for the quick reply

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 92 ✭✭alanjgrace

Instead of jumping to a fresh install why not run a repair instead. Boot from your windows cd and you should be able to select a repair option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Id certainly try the repair option first.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭gorgo

alanjgrace wrote: »
    Boot from your windows cd and you should be able to select a repair option

:eek: I built the PC so would that have been a backup disc you should create when you 1st build the PC ??

If I didn't have that disc how could I run a repair???

thx for the replies folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

The disc is the one that your Windows XP Operating System came on.

Advertisement