Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Provisional licence..

Options
  • 31-10-2007 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Ok i'm sure this thread is out there and i will get scalded for this(i did look through at least 4 pages searching).
    Anyway my issue is that i am on a prov. It is my first. Like many other motorists when i heard it was originally set for monday i paniced because i have no choice but to drive to work. I do nights and drive my parents car. Anyway, Friday i applied online so where do i stand in all this? Will i be getting this 'learner permit'? or can somebody please just clarify what is going on. It seems to me they keep changing this new legilislation every time i turn on the news.
    I am aware of the prov drive must be accompanied with a fully licenced driver. (this has always been around).

*spelling not too good, sorry.*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

You are on your first, it has always been illegal. You wont be getting the "learner permit" as you already have your 1st provisional, however if you fail your test you will receive one.
    Personally I hope you get caught. This "no choice" bull**** doesnt stick with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Goldenquick

jumpy wrote:
    This "no choice" bull**** doesnt stick with me.

Come live in a country town, try to get a bus out of it and you'll experience the 'no choice' first hand :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

As you already have a provisional license you wont be issued with a learners permit until it expires, these permits are only being issued to new provisional applicants.

Also as it's your first provisional, if you drive unaccompanied or with a driver who has their full license less than 2 years you can be stopped & charged with unlawful driving.

Check with your insurance company too, in the past this has been overlooked, but as they are now enforcing it some insurance policies will be null and void if you flout this law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

Come live in a country town, try to get a bus out of it and you'll experience the 'no choice' first hand

there are alternatives to cars...a bike maybe!
    i used to have to get lifts to work...thumb or taxi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Check this post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

And check the Learning to Drive forum

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement