Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council men going round at 5:40am picking up collected bonfire material

Options
  • 31-10-2007 6:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

to whom it may concern or not,

head vehicele and banging outside

looked saw three tractors with trailers and yellow jacket men

thought bit early guys??

then saw em loading pallets

did i hear something about a ban?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

some bástards took my green wheelie bin.

If you are reading this, return it and I shall let you live.

Anyhow, fair play to them, saw a bit on the 6 O'Clock news, they were trying to collect
    bonfire material and the scumbags were spitting at them and fighting with them to stop them.

Disgusting sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

I'm looking forward to a riot outside my house later on tonight. Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council are again sitting on their asses and letting our local bonfire go ahead. For the last 6-7 years there has been riots there. Nobody wants to know. The local garda told me I had to petition the local council to get it stopped?!?!?! But its illegal???
    The county managers reply was "Easier said than done". I mailed 8 councillers and 2 replied! :rolleyes:
    :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

why a riot?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

why a riot?

dickheads Like to burn stuff

Also, who ever took my Black wheelie Bin...

Screw You

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Had a walk around lookin for my green bin, no joy.

Will probably see it on top of the bonfire later.

Shame I don't own a sniper.

• Advertisement

Why a riot?
    Cos when all the local teenagers gather there at midnight and a couple of garda try and move them on thy throw bottles and fireworks at the garda. Last year there were approx. 10-12 garda vehicles there, about 30 gardai having running battle with hordes of teenagers! Personally I'd wade in with battons but the garda wont take such drastic measures. The little scum know the garda cant do much to them. Add to this that their parents will take their side anyway cos most of them are knackers as well.:mad:

The bonfire caused such a stir last year that it made the front page of The Irish Times on the 1st of November:
    http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/frontpage/2006/1101/index.html
    This is about 5 feet from the road, 50 feet from my gaff and about 20 feet from local business's. But DLRCoCo will just sit on their ass and pick up the cleaning bill, or rather we will!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebaz/285552736/in/set-72157600082077247/

The-Rigger wrote: »

Shame I don't own a sniper.
    If only life was like Counter Strike!!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Kenjd wrote: »

The bonfire caused such a stir last year that it made the front page of The Irish Times on the 1st of November:
    http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/frontpage/2006/1101/index.html
    This is about 5 feet from the road, 50 feet from my gaff and about 20 feet from local business's. But DLRCoCo will just sit on their ass and pick up the cleaning bill, or rather we will!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebaz/285552736/in/set-72157600082077247/

Was that the Bonfire in sallynogginn right beside the Noggin grill, and at the corner of the "park" there?

Sure was agent smith, every year its the same mess. I dont mind bonfires! I like them, but firing rockets and bottles at garda. It just takes the p*ss.
    And after its done the council will have to be hassled again to clean it up!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

If ya see kids stacking stuff for a bonfire,ring this number 1800251500 and it'll b removed.Arsehole kids dont know how to behave themselves so they deserve nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Gone are the days when the bonfires were organised by the dads of a street and were built properly...

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

I have noticed a few people bringing their black bags of rubbish to the bonfire collections. This is going to cause some mess as most of the rubbish doesn't burn.
    I think it is time to stop Hallowen, its now only an excuse for scumbags to burn and wreck stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I dont see the problem to be honest. It seems to be generaly undercontrol around here, not too many drunk kids or the fire too big or much hassle.

Just part of the year I guess, and in fairness, I wouldnt worrie myself too much about the gardai or the county concils bussiness after all its nothing to do with me.

Advertisement