Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone : Sim free Motorola V8 SMS/MMS

• 31-10-2007 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

hya all,
    well I got my new phone, sim free, popped in my sim and everything worked fine apart from the SMS/MMS, I can receive text's but cannot send them.

Now I've gone through the help to set the service centre number, which was set on my SIM card, so I created a new "provider" and filled in all the details, I tried that and same problem. I also tried moving it from the SIM card to the phone and back again, still the same problem. I can recieve an MMS message but can't download the main "attachment", but I can't send an MMS.

Do I need to ring up vodafone to get them to change something for the new phone ? and what do they do with sim free phones, do they say "not our problem" ?

Thanks
    Muineach

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

u will have to input your service providers service center number which is +35387699989 on vodafone. the option will be somewhere in message settings or communications i presume. as for mms those may have to be inputted manually or jst check the sticky on this forum and put the details in yourself..failing that bring it to a vodafone shop and they may do it themselves...its easy to do it yourself tho..;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

quite often when an old sim is put in a new phone, texting stops working. If you've checked the message centre number then you need to go to a vodafone shop and get a replacement sim.

as for the mms, if you can't download the attachment of the mms then you probably aren't set up to receive them. That problem might also be solved by a replacement sim but i don't think it will. Do you know how to enter the settings in the sticky? If not i can post up a guide of exactly how to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Muineach

thanks for the help, i'll give vodafone till tomorrow to sort it out as I can't get to a new sim card till then :) all the settings are right and I think I had this problem when I went from a prepay to a bill pay before.
    BTW the sim is old, I think I got it when the first sharp clam shells came out, which would have been 4+ years ago :rolleyes: god, i'm getting old

Advertisement