Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBox 360 Arcade

• 31-10-2007 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if this is available and if so how much it is? The video output on my 360 stopped working last night and am thinking of replacing it with the new 360 arcade.

I have got on to MS to see if it is covered by the extended warranty but to be honest I don't wnat to bother waiting around for a replacment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

Vyse wrote: »
    Does anybody know if this is available and if so how much it is? The video output on my 360 stopped working last night and am thinking of replacing it with the new 360 arcade.

I have got on to MS to see if it is covered by the extended warranty but to be honest I don't wnat to bother waiting around for a replacment.

ive heard they are quick enough at replacing consoles, dont shell out another 3/4 hundred when they will send you a new one for nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I'd agree - don't blow your cash. You should generally get your Xbox back within a few weeks. The average is about 3 weeks from what I heard (haven't had to do it yet myself - although probably just jinxed the box)

With that in mind, to answer your initial question. Yep they're out and will probably cost you about €300 or so.
    http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/hardware/x/xbox360arcadesystem/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

To be perfectly honest they are going to charge me €120 (me thinks) to get it fixed. The 3 year warranty only applies to the 3 rings of death syndrome.

I'm doing shift work at the moment and would be bored out of my mind without a bit of Halo 3 on Xbox live so I will probably end up shelling out the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Of course the arcade will also have HDMI on it if thats any use to you?!

Julez wrote: »
    Of course the arcade will also have HDMI on it if thats any use to you?!

Yeah, that was one of the reasons for going for it. Is a bit of a waste of money I know. Might send it in for repair and get a PS3 while I wait. I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

how can a warranty only cover one fault?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

how can a warranty only cover one fault?
    I think he means that the extended 3-year warranty that Microsoft announced earlier in the year was for the 3 Rings of Death.

Your regular warranty for all other issues is only one year (I've seen a number of threads here that say it should be two, but I can't remember the outcome of those threads because some disagreed).

Yeah the extended warranty only covers the three rings of death, all others are only one year. A lot of people have argued the two year case (some with success I think) but I'm guessing it would take some persuading to get it sorted. I can't believe I was dreaming about it last night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

I got mine fixed with this lad http://consolerepairsdublin.com/
    Only took 1 day and was €60. It was the 3 rings of death, but he might be able to help you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Just make your console get the 3 rings of death. what causes the 3 rings of death? Not the overheating, the actual part that causes that error message.

Its the GPU breaking or something. I'm sure there is a way to inflict the 3 rings of death on yourself to get it repaired under warranty.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the name of consolerepairs. I actually called them and they qouted me €60. Said it was just another way of the 3 rings of death manifesting itself.
    brim4brim wrote: »
    Just make your console get the 3 rings of death. what causes the 3 rings of death? Not the overheating, the actual part that causes that error message.

Its the GPU breaking or something. I'm sure there is a way to inflict the 3 rings of death on yourself to get it repaired under warranty.

I've actually fixed my console before so I might take a look at opening it up again and seeing if I can do anything with it before I drop it down to them.

Ronan, do you know if the repair came with a guarantee? When did you get it repaired? I know there are a lot of quick fixes for the 3 rings of death so I would hope that he's not providing them!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

I got a 3 month Guarantee with the repair. I got it done 3 weeks ago. For me he re-attached/soldered the GPU back on. I was in the workshop when I picked it up, and he showed me on another machine what he did when I asked. No sign of any quickfix's going on, I would be confident he was genuine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone know which shop has the best deals on the Arcade pack right now? I saw GAME are doing it with Forza 2 for €310, anything better out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Celticharakiri

Anyone know which shop has the best deals on the Arcade pack right now? I saw GAME are doing it with Forza 2 for €310, anything better out there?

279.99 at smyth toys.

279.99 at smyth toys.

It's actually €275 in Gamestop in Ennis. That's the best price I saw for it anyway.

Advertisement