Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most attractive building in Limerick?

Options
  • 31-10-2007 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

Considering everyone's rushing around shout which is the ugliest building, surely one or two nice buildings must have caught your eye?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

To be honest they are few and far between. In my opinion, anyway.

Crescent Shopping Centre? The Marriot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Lazers pew pew

the new riverpoint building is class
    maybe cos i live there now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Second the Riverpoint building... how much was that pad?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Merriot Hotel wins it for me.

But seen a sketch of what the parkway valley will look like and if it turns out like the sketch it will certainly change my vote.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

St Johns Cathedral without a doubt, its amazing from the outside. I was inside for the first time a few weeks ago and its even nicer inside

• Advertisement

Second the Riverpoint building... how much was that pad?
    €900 a month :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Brown Thomas!

i joke i joke!

has to be the marriott, riverpoint, courthouse, granary and the hilton!

plus there's a few that have great potential like the boat club and the building that benneton is in.

THE hiltons rotten looking :)
    It will look like something from William Street when the weather gets at it in a few years time :eek:

Not only is Riverpoint the most impressive, but here are the views from my apartment :D

81204370rx4.jpg

84545770aa7.jpg

52684617kk9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

So much more attractive at night.
    remember when i was on top of riverpoint in 2005! what a view!!! how do you get the pictures to appear on the screen and not as an attachment?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

So much more attractive at night.
    remember when i was on top of riverpoint in 2005! what a view!!! how do you get the pictures to appear on the screen and not as an attachment?

Open them up in another browser and then copy and paste them into your post.

• Advertisement

host them on imageshack, then type the url into this icon insertimage.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

1huge1 wrote: »
    Merriot Hotel wins it for me.

But seen a sketch of what the parkway valley will look like and if it turns out like the sketch it will certainly change my vote.

Where can I see this sketch? Is it online? I`m living about 50yards from the building site you see. Its massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Where can I see this sketch? Is it online? I`m living about 50yards from the building site you see. Its massive.

I think there is a link to it in the M&S or Coonagh Cross SC thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Thanks Bazz, it looks fantastic. Can`t wait to see it opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ya I seen it in the other thread, it looks amazing.

I'm a sucker for the old architecture so my favourite buildings would be St.Johns cathedral or the Bannatynes Mill on the docks.As for the newer architecture I like the Riverpoint and the Clarion for some reason.Great views from Riverpoint there Lazers.I've been to the top of the Clarion but the views weren't as nice unfortunately,the only windows were facing the docks and the bord gais site:eek:

Advertisement