Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change in the moderating team

Options
  • 31-10-2007 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,
    The more observant may have noticed this already, but Civdef has stepped down from the moderating team. We'll miss him, but he's not stopping posting, he's just taking it a bit more easy. Stepping up to replace him are Rovi and Jaycee, both long-time posters most of you know. Also, you may notice some sprucing up about the place in the next few weeks; thank Rew for the new ideas when they come online.

At any rate, I'm sure you'll all join with me in thanking Civ for all his efforts - without him, this forum wouldn't have gotten off the ground, and despite all the muck we see in here from time to time, I honestly think this forum has done more good for shooting than harm by an enormously wide margin over the last few years. With over 30,000 posts in 2,500 threads, it's something for Civ to look back on and tell the grandkids about in years to come ;)

I'm sure you'll also join me in welcoming Rovi and Jaycee to the mod team. Lads, there's vomit in aisles 7 through 12 and your mops are over there against the wall. Go to! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Thanks Civdef for any advice you may have given me, Welcome Rovi & Jaycee.

TJ911....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Same here. Thanks to CivDef for everything!

Also welcome to Rovi and Jaycee.

Best,

Preusse

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

Rovi & Jaycee,

Best of luck with the new positions guys,

Civdef, well done on all of your work. You always ruled your patch with a level head and a firm hand.

Thank you for all of your (sometimes thankless) work and help here.

Chopperdog.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Wow a two for one deal!
    Welcome Jaycee and Rovi
    Thanks for all the work Civdef.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I for one welcome our new overlords.

• Advertisement

Best of luck lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I for one welcome our new overlords.

:D:D:D

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

took two to replace civdef :D

Bye civdef, hello boys

Remember a new brush always sweeps clean ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Hi all, thanks for the welcome!

BIG thanks to Civdef for all your hard work here, you've left a hell of a pair of boots to fill.

Don't expect to see me doing anything too controversial for a while, I plan to leave the complicated stuff to Sparks and Rew until I figure out what all these new buttons are for. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Civdef, Rew, Rovi & Sparks.

My hats off to all of you.
    A ton of work I am sure and most of it done with very little acknowledgment.
    Thanks for keeping us on an even keel.

Good luck lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Thanks for the thoughts folks - much appreciated.

Best of luck to the new members of the moderating team, hopefully they have fun in the process. I'm going to enjoy causing trouble, picking fights, using no grammar, punctuation or spelling in my posts and generally giving them plenty to do :)

Advertisement