Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New All you can eat buffet!

• 31-10-2007 11:32am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

Was staggering home from town the other nite when i noticed there's a new chinese restaurant across the road from easons in Abbey St,its 9 quid for all you can eat and it was great..bbq ribs,sweet n sour chicken,noodles and other stuff i was too drunk to remember.I was upset when i strted to pour plates of food into a bag and the guy reminded me it was only "all you can eat now!".Recommended.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

It's called Full House. I used to go to a lot of chinese restaurants in the UK that did this. Only thing to watch is don't take more than you can eat. Sometimes they charge you for what you leave. I.E. a 5% surcharge if you take food and don't eat it.

Also they usually make you order drinks and they are sometimes a lot more than other places. But all in all a very good idea, especially students! Well in UK it was!

DJ Spider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i walked by it today on my way to instanbul in the epicurian to get a kebab, i was half tempted to go in but it was packed. ill definitely go in next time, much cheaper than fookin noodle in belfast at €8.80, fookin noodle is £9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Wonderful news.

Thanks for the info, Degsy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

been to some in Newcastle in England, fantastic places.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Not so.......

most food lovers know that cheap food is cheap food and the good food you pay for, when i go into these things i order a yung chow fried rice or nasigoring as the crap they have on the buffet uncle ben wouldnt piss on.

Its quality over quantity tbh

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Not so.......

most food lovers know that cheap food is cheap food and the good food you pay for, when i go into these things i order a yung chow fried rice or nasigoring as the crap they have on the buffet uncle ben wouldnt piss on.

kdjac

Oooh,get you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Not so.......

kdjac

Dude check out the forum you're in. While quality is all well and good, after a rake of pints quantity is king !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Dude check out the forum you're in. While quality is all well and good, after a rake of pints quantity is king !

You couldnt be more correct. It's all about the quantity. Anyway, it cant be that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Dun laoire wrote: »
    You couldnt be more correct. It's all about the quantity. Anyway, it cant be that bad.

If you're drunk and it's chinee nuff said :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I must remember to go on the piss on Abbey Street so to minimise any accidental exercise which may take place!

• Advertisement

SDooM wrote: »
    I must remember to go on the piss on Abbey Street so to minimise any accidental exercise which may take place!

I reccomend the Gin Palace on liffey st,G&T for 4 quid!!Fill up on gin then fill up on chinee..and most importantly do it cheaply!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I recall when me and a mate were over in liverpool years back we ventured into a place like this and proceeded to stuff ourselves. the staff were very helpful and made sure we had a fresh jug of water every 15 minutes. When we went to pay we found out a jug of water was 2 pounds a throw :o

Twas still nice but.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

There's one of those on the ground floor of my building at work, except it's just €5. Makes for a very very long lunch break :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Degsy wrote: »
    Oooh,get you!

Good food makes the belly bigger.

kdjac

Good food makes the belly bigger.

kdjac

I hate soccer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

i went to one of these in england last year and it all tasted good to me.one thing these places do is usually put all the crappy stuff at the start the stuff that is cheap and will fill u up quickly.the place i was in u cud go up to the counters as many times as u liked so i think they hope u will be full on starters before u get to the good stuff.but we were wise to their cunning plan, never ate so much in me life

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i think all you can eat buffets are revolting. the food has been sitting there for hours and its blend and tasteless and you its just full of food what is going to fill you up quickly and then leave you starving an hour later.

i would rather pay money and have some decent food then eat that muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You go girl.

I haven't been to one in Ireland, but I have been to the odd one or two abroad and generally I liked them. I also waddled out like a walrus afterwards.

I wish my favourite chipper was an all you can eat place :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I wish my favourite chipper was an all you can eat place :(.

And just how long do you reckon it would last?

• Advertisement

tom dunne wrote: »
    And just how long do you reckon it would last?

I don't know, a few hours maybe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

May raise a few eyebrows in these parts, but im not a fan of the food of the orient, usually too many green pieces floating around, more of a plain xxl meat man (cue pun).

Anyone know of any other buffets that aren't oriental or exotic food? Type of nosh that requres lashings of greeeyvey.

Advertisement