Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

......Who changes the light bulbs??........

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Copper

Hard to believe operations have been cancelled over this. Without knowing the full details, it appears the sparks are taking the complete piss. They should just let maintenance change the lamps.

But if I was the HSE, I would be wary of letting untrained (ie non-electricians) do any electrical work, even changing lamps.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

biko wrote: »
    Every single perk you have at work today, including 8 hour work day has been won by the unions.
    Actually much of our health and safety / working time directive has come from Europe.

I remember someone saying that years ago there were more unions in CIE than in the whole of Germany.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Robbo wrote: »
    Is it time to rehabilitate Thatcher further?
    no.
    too many people died in that war
    too many people in the north of england commited suicide
    tow many communities broken up even though it cost more to pay the dole than subsidise the mines
    UK manufacturing industry was wiped out just so interest rates would be high to help the investments of the rich, the interest rates also wiped out most of scotlands oil revenue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,595 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Sleepy wrote: »
    Why didn't you just get one of your co-workers to help you carry it up the stairs ffs?:

Because the maintenance guys might turn up ranting and raving about it being 'their job'? I've seen similar happen!

Advertisement