Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SE W580i versus Nokia 6300

• 31-10-2007 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

Looks like I'm eligible for a phone upgrade and was wondering what are
    peoples opinions on the Sony Ericsson W580i, versus the Nokia 6300 ?

I'm a Nokia user at the moment (Nokia 6230i) but I've heard the 6300
    battery life is rubbish.

Used to use Sony Ericsson but cant remember why I changed to Nokia,
    but obviously there was some reason.

Just wondering do many people have either phone, and what are the opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

Have used both, the 6300 is very sleek and yep the battery life is crap!! I bought a w580i last week on o2, unlocked it and then rebranded it with flash lite menu's menu_theme43.jpg
    and its working perfect...love the flash menu's....The walkman is fantastic and the camera is very impressive! my favourite thing is how slim it is, doesn't bulk out a pocket and is decreet..battery life is as expected with all phones, i think ive gotten 4days outta it...using it farely often!! Personally id go with the w580i...ignore the cracked buttons craic, thats rubbish...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Cheers for the info. According to a sales rep I was taking to the Nokia
    battery averages about 1 day!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

IH8TXT:) wrote: »
    Have used both, the 6300 is very sleek and yep the battery life is crap!! I bought a w580i last week on o2, unlocked it and then rebranded it with flash lite menu's menu_theme43.jpg
    and its working perfect...love the flash menu's....The walkman is fantastic and the camera is very impressive! my favourite thing is how slim it is, doesn't bulk out a pocket and is decreet..battery life is as expected with all phones, i think ive gotten 4days outta it...using it farely often!! Personally id go with the w580i...ignore the cracked buttons craic, thats rubbish...:rolleyes:

Care to enlighten me on how to unlock it.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Care to enlighten me on how to unlock it.

Thanks

If your on bill then your network will give you the code free of charge, well o2 do anyway. Secondly you debrand your handset to generic firmware by using the data cable supplied with your handset and sites like wotan server or davinci team.

Advertisement