Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laughter Lounge for a Fiver

• 31-10-2007 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

This just came into teh office

Last Chance for €5 tickets in 2007!
    2 great show - 1 great price - €5
    The €5 promotion has been our most successful ever and we are doing it one last time. Today we are offering 100 tickets for €5!!!

We have 50 tickets on offer for €5 for 2 really great shows. Tickets can only be purchased online.

Scott Capurro plus guests' this Thursday (1st November)
    and 'I Dare Ya' next Monday (5th November).

Yes indeedy, tickets at a FIVER - these online offers are exclusive to our mailing list members. Book your tickets ASAP on our website Laughterlounge.com and input the promo codes below to get your tickets for a FIVER!!!!

Promo Codes
    Scott Capurro - nov26 - SAVE €20 - €5 tickets
    I Dare Ya - dareya - SAVE €10 - €5 tickets

Check out our website - http://www.laughterlounge.com

Book NOW as this offer is limited to 50 tickets per show!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Last time I organised a company outing to the Laughter Lounge it was painfully bad. Only 1 of the three "comedians" was funny.

The compare was intolerable to listen too... it was truly painful to listen to him try to slag off members of the audience but only end up asking them boring questions... "Where do you come from", "What do you work at?" etc...
    He was trying to emulate "Al Murray" and failing as bad as a mute on open mike night.

We had 6 platters of food ordered, and the lounge staff gave away one of them.

We were told there was a late bar / night club... there wasn't.

I won't be making the same mistake twice, even if it's 1/4 of the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

Last time i went it was good fun, one of the comics was pretty bad and one was one of those 'im a woman so i obviously have to make jokes about my period' comedians though she had her funny moments, but the other two guys were hillarious and the 'host' or whatever you call it was pretty funny too. I hope it goes on for a very long time and i shall be back shortly :) its nice to see some comedy out of vicar street and within the auld student price range :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

That bloke Scott Capurro ain't very funny so I can see why tickets are going cheap. And the "I Dare Ya" doesn't really appeal either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Ardent

Went to this. Amateur hour would be an apt description, glad I didn't spend anymore than a fiver. The first two acts had their moments but lost the audience halfway through and fell flat on their faces.

The headliner, Scott Capurro, wasn't very funny either, as Bazmo said. Tried more to shock than amuse. Apparently, he got heckled and booed off the stage in the International Bar a couple of nights later! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Last time I organised a company outing to the Laughter Lounge it was painfully bad. Only 1 of the three "comedians" was funny.

I also organised a night out, it was at Christmas last year.
    Brought clients.
    Gig started so late (approx 90 minutes late), everybody was ****ed.
    Somebody threw a pint glass over the first comedian, row broke out and they stopped after that.
    Food was terrible.
    Another row broke out, punches were thrown at the bouncers and then we were asked to go down to the night club (it was in Spirit at the time).
    No thanks, never again.
    Complained to the management, nobody ever came back to me.
    They still send me e-mails about the the "new" venue and would I like to bring some colleagues to it.

It might have improved since they moved back to the Quays but never again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Brought clients.

Yeah, it's definitely not for polite company, clients or a group from work.

I had specifically asked the Laughter lounge beforehand whether the acts were suitable for a work night out, ie. not extremely racist/sexist, cos we've a fair auld mix of people where I work. All the HR department came out that night.

Now cut to the act... this orange haired freak with a guitar starts singing "You call it rape, I call it surprise...."

No... avoid this dive like the plague for work outings, it's skangerville.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Have being going there since it opened and never had an issue until now.

Bought some tickets for "I dare ya" a few weeks ago,the show time on the tickets was 20:30 so we turned up at 19:55 to be told that filming had begun and we would need to wait until the interval in 45 minutes to enter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

I had the same experience, there is certainly no jokes in this place, and its an area that should have just been condemned. Did they not learn their lesson when Murphys Live Lounge shut down due to lack of interest. The Irish comedy scene is good, but you wont get enough good talent to fill seats every night, and you certainly will not get value for money for €5
    We had 6 platters of food ordered, and the lounge staff gave away one of them.

I hate when that happens:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭dkane

Went to "I Dare Ya!" last night. have to say was a pretty ok gig. Andrew Stanley was pretty funny as was the dude hosting it. Wasn't mad on Damian Clark.
    The TV show will probably do ok. Its a six parter, basically the lads have collected a load of dares from the public and they show how they got on. They focus on one main dare each episode and throw in a couple of smaller ones to break it up.
    I would have felt a bit ripped off if I had paid full price (€15) to get in. You kinda feel like your doing them a favour, being told to clap at the start/end/breaks etc. and watching them do retakes.
    That said it was an enjoyable night out for five quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Wait, hang on a sec! They're recording the show for RTE and yet they're still charging for tickets??? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Sometimes they don't have the nightclub on because numbers aren't big enough. Acts are the same every Thursday, Friday and Saturday. So no point going back two nighs in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

Went last year twice - had two brilliant nights 3 out of the four comedians were good, we got a free drink when we went in and the free night club not bad for €20 a head :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I recommend the laughter lounge. its a great laugh :D

really, do you work there? you seem to be doing a lot of defending on them on threads..

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

ntlbell wrote: »
    really, do you work there? you seem to be doing a lot of defending on them on threads..

5 out of 9 jackiescumbags prefer the laughter lounge! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I recommend the laughter lounge. its a great laugh :D

Some people on The Joe Duffy show were not happy about it as per http://www.rte.ie/radio1/player_av.html?0,null,200,http://dynamic.rte.ie/quickaxs/209-rte-liveline-Thursday.smil

Make up your own mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Have being going there since it opened and never had an issue until now.

Bought some tickets for "I dare ya" a few weeks ago,the show time on the tickets was 20:30 so we turned up at 19:55 to be told that filming had begun and we would need to wait until the interval in 45 minutes to enter.

could of been worse ye could of paid 35e and got yonked out by bouncers for ordering a drink....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

And according to Joe Duffy, the chuck you out if you laugh at them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ould thread + Possible Shill = Maximum Lockage!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I've banned jackiescumbags from bargains for dragging up old threads to promote the laughter lounge. Why don't you pay for advertising instead, maybe Joe Duffy will arrange a discount for you on the radio.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement