Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CZ452 Mounts

Options
  • 31-10-2007 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Quick question lads, I bought a Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40 scope, I'm just wondering what are the best mounts to use onto the CZ452 (I presume rings are the whole unit and there isn't a seperate base ??).

Another thing which will just show you how much I know about these things, I got the gun 2 weeks ago after having looked at it in July (It's secondhand but bought from a dealer), and I just saw this weekend that the one of the bolts on the base is missing, there's a few bolts on the plate attaching the trigger guard and there's one on either side of the magazine, but one of them is missing, the forward most one.
    I have pics at home I'll post them this evening, it's a bit odd that it would be missing, more odd that I hadn't noticed it :rolleyes:, and hadn't been informed it was missing.
    Just wondering if it's a big deal, probably means the original owner was messing about with the trigger a bit, but I can't notice the difference anyway, it seems to be shooting fine, I was putting most of them in a nice 2inch group on Saturday at 60yds off the irons sights (I have pics of that too :p I don't know if that is good but I was delighted with it :D )

And my first rabbit with it agreed it was accurate :D It was a headshot with a hollow point at 60yds... it was more powerful than I expected!!

Thanks lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Best mounts are bkl's i think they fit the cz rail very well but most will do i have used hawke or sportsman opticswarehouse did me a good deal at the time.

New screws can be bought its pretty standard although the stock could have been changed either as some of the actions only have one action screw and a barrel lug post a few pictures and i might be able to help you the iron sight models only have one action screw anyway so it could either have been bedded or a washer thrown in the float the barrel but if its shooting fine i wouldnt touch it.

cz452.com will do the bkl mounts replacement screws and trigger kit

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭de_shadow

you could also try the CZ webshop for mounts.
    http://www.shop-cz.com/objects/1057015716.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Yea I saw the CZ ones, but there's so many different types I wasn't sure which would actually fit on my rifle, so I though I'd ask around here as I know a few people have the same type. I know the scope is a 1" tube and a 40mm Objective so low mounts or medium will probably do, I'd like to keep it down.
    Does anyone know if the 452 will take a one piece like this and if so is that all I'd need to get my scope attached ?

Thanks

Anyone ever used those mounts ?? :(

Here are the pics, with and without the Magazine in place :

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Looks like there's there's no corresponding hole under the triggerguard...or do I need to go to specsavers..

• Advertisement

No the picture actually looks like that but there is there's metal threading there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

that should be the screw that fits into the fromt of the magazine chamber without that screw it should raise the barrel on the front as the second screw (to the left in the picture) fits to the timber stock itself unless this is a cz452 lux and the has the fixed sights with the a lug screw into the bottom of the fixed sight

best off getting a screw anyway it wont cost you an arm and a leg.
    Just take the gun appart i cant resist it when i get a new gun have to know how it works before i shoot it

I was thinking about it :D
    But I thought maybe I should leave well enough alone, I've heard stories of screwing up the way the barrel sits if you don't put it back right, not like my old shotgun :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

not really going to screw up much it sits back were it came from in u dont ring the treads of the screws
    am i right with the front sights is there a screw under them

I don't think it's the Lux version actually, should that screw be visible without disassemling the gun, if so then no, otherwise I didn't look.
    I'm just shooting off the iron's at the moment but it seems to be shooting ok anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement