Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Tattoo ... very soon

Options
  • 31-10-2007 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

I've been sketching and messing about with a Spartan warrior idea over the last while. I have an idea but need a bit of input on the final design (scanning the sketch later). The basic idea of a helmet and shield thrown aside after battle ... hard to explain, but you'll see when I find a scanner.

Anywho, what'd I be looking at price-wise for a mono-tone (black) tatt on the left pec ... ?

One of the lads who has a few already was saying I shouldn't expect to pay more than 160-180.

If the tattoo artist has to re-design or scale it to fit, should there be an extra charge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Its really hard to say without seeing the design/knowing what size it will be...

Basically everywhere charges by the hour, so depending on the design, it could take 1 hour or it could take 3

Shouldn't be any charge for rescaling it, as a photocopy would do for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Got my first tattoo last Saturday. I notice your from Kildare so where are you getting it done. I got mine done in the Razors Edge in Naas by Steve. I went in with some design ideas and he modified them as they were a bit small and detailed. Mine is about 6 x 4 inches and I was charged 180. It took 1 1/2 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Right lads, either of these designs - still can't decide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

I prefer the helmet and sword in Sparten2 because of the black inside the helmet and the heavier sword, but prefer the shield on the 1st one. My 2c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭aido182

Personally, I like Spartan2. But either way, a good tattoo artist will be able to design a good tattoo from your drawings. I went to mine with a pile of scraps of paper and the tattooist came up with a design that I'm more than happy with.

Good luck with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Quattroste wrote: »
    I prefer the helmet and sword in Sparten2 because of the black inside the helmet and the heavier sword, but prefer the shield on the 1st one. My 2c.

Same thoughts as myself - I'm doing a bit of a mix and match with the two and re-drawing it or asking the artsist to re-draw it.

The shaded helmet on the cut-away shield and sword going behind it. To give the illusion of the sword handle (not seen) propping up the helmet. It's shaping up anyway, and any tattoo artist worth his/her salt should be able to re-size it to fit the chest (right pec).

Wooh

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd agree, a combination of elements from both the pics would be best!

Advertisement