Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY /basic livery, dunshaughlin

• 31-10-2007 1:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭

i was just wondering if anyone knows a cheap place for livery around Dunshaughlin. Im not looking for anything fancy or with loads of facilities, just something basic. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fillie

i googled riding in dunshaughlin and i got this:

Pelletstown Equestrian Centre
    Pelletstown
    Drumree
    Meath.
    Phone:+353 1 8259435

maybe worth a try :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

thanks. i was up there before. its a lovely place but very expensive. over 100euro for livery anf they only do full. thanks anyway,

well to be fair you wnt get anything btr, livery nowadays is from 100 - 150 depending on location. its not worth the yard doing half...

unless you rent a few boxes and do livery yourself? i have my fella in full livery in sligo at 100 a week im very lucky. i have two massive arenas 2 crosscountries, declan the owner is a european sliver medalist and is always there to help you out etc...

i have woods 20mins up the road and miles and miles of beaches.. i love it.

it actually costs less at full livery than doing it yourself if you add up all the costs and not having an facilities etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

Fillie wrote: »
    well to be fair you wnt get anything btr, livery nowadays is from 100 - 150 depending on location. its not worth the yard doing half...

I find that hard to believe. I used to pay 25 euro weekly diy livery. Granted that was a lucky find, but diy livery is still definitely cheaper than full imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

That set up sounds pretty sweet Fillie!

• Advertisement

it is of course cheaper but it depends on your situation... i mean do you have the time to muck out, feed general labour work, in harsh winter nights and mornings, dnt get me wrong if i had my own stables id be rolling my sleeves up but not for driving out and spending evening on yuchy tasks when i should be bonding with my steed!!

im ten mins from my yard and my horse is soo well looked after couldnt ask for better, all i do is stroll up hugs and kisses for cliff and spend my valueable hour or so riding and givin him tlc... believe me my hundred euro is hard worked for but hes worth it.

different strokes for different folks!!

Advertisement