Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sparky, my horse

Options
  • 31-10-2007 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭

heres a picture of sparky, my ex-racehorse. he won 3 races on the flat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fillie

ahhhhhhhhhh hes such a cutie !! what you doin with him at the min?? is he in or out for the winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

mainly just hack him out around roads or the field. he hates the arena. he's in now, and out during the day. i have him out grazing as much as possible but the land doesnt always allow it. once they have a good rug and decent shelter i think they are much happier out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Lovely looking boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TheB

He's really nice.. I've a very big soft spot for ex-racers.. the last 3 of mine have been off the track.. the other 2 were too slow to win but G had won quite a bit..

The aren't as many Ex-racehorse classes etc here (as opposed to the UK) - are those that are held very popular ? Not many Veteran classes here either ? Or am I just looking in the wrong place.. *TheBwondersifsheisjustabitblind* .. Sorry - offtopic.. will post about this..

Bx

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

No I think you're right. I have seen veteran horse classes I think at riding club shows, but no ex-racehorse ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Ah he looks like a sweetie.
    Are ex racehorses not incredibly difficult to train as everyday riding horses?
    I thought their temperaments weren't suited and their mouths and backs were likely to be in bad shape due to being ridden at such a young age?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭otwb

No...you just need to be patient. TB's seem to think faster than other horses whether they are off the track or not. Just keep in mind that they have been thought to fight for first place in a race and expect some of that behaviour to come through if they are in that type of situation. Personally I'd have a hard time going for anything else!

Advertisement