Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Timetable

Options
  • 31-10-2007 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

I know it's up today but is it up already or am I just looking in the wrong place?

If it is it as much a disaster as last years?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I can't find it either and I had a good look there around sisweb and the exams office website.

I'd say it'll be later today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

I wonder if Paddy Power's would give me odds on whether it actually will be out by the close of business today...

I'd say a fair proportion of the other 22 people currently viewing UCD might be wondering something along the same lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I'm not expecting it out today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    I'm not expecting it out today!

Well, then I'm sorry to have to do this: http://www.ucd.ie/registry/alu/timetables/CMIS16_Timetable_Web_V3/confirmed_timetable/confirmed_timetable.htm

You probably need to expand the left hand column so you can see the full course names, then select yours.

edit: direct link no longer works, just go to http://www.ucd.ie/registry/alu/ and see what's there.

Grr my timetable didn't change an ounce - so it's still utterly horrible.

4 exams over 5 days - the day off being a sunday.

Shambolic UCD reigns once more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

stereoroid wrote: »
    Well, then I'm sorry to have to do this: http://www.ucd.ie/registry/alu/timetables/CMIS16_Timetable_Web_V3/confirmed_timetable/confirmed_timetable.htm

You probably need to expand the left hand column so you can see the full course names, then select yours.

lol, me and my big mouth

cheers for that!!

Similar here: exams on the 1st Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, then the next Tue & Thu (20 Dec).

I have some exams in the "Science Building Concourse"... I'm in the Science Building now, and I don't know of any space big enough for the numbers (200+). Maybe they stack us 3 deep? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

Oh in the Science Building they close off all the 'landings' into rooms. So if you know where you enter Theatre A (I think, haven't had a lecture in Sci since 2nd year) there's an open space there at reception, they use that for a "room" and upstairs too. It's grand, at least it's not massive like the RDS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Didn't they say you wouldn't have more than 3 exams in 2 days, or 4 exams in 3.. something like that?

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:00 - 14:00 HIS20300 US History Memorial Hall, Building E Graduate School of Business

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:00 - 17:00 IRFL20010 The Study of Folklore D209,Bldg D,Blackrock Campus Commercial Office Blackroc

How am I going to make it to the black rock campus in an hour and get SOME cramming in between.

Also anyone doing history does Mohammad not have exams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

That page is pretty hard to navigate can't see my exams up :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Brimmy wrote: »
    Didn't they say you wouldn't have more than 3 exams in 2 days, or 4 exams in 3.. something like that?

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:00 - 14:00 HIS20300 US History Memorial Hall, Building E Graduate School of Business

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:00 - 17:00 IRFL20010 The Study of Folklore D209,Bldg D,Blackrock Campus Commercial Office Blackroc

How am I going to make it to the black rock campus in an hour and get SOME cramming in between.

Also anyone doing history does Mohammad not have exams?

Isnt the Grad School of Business in Blackrock?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

I dont have any exams the first week theyre all crammed into the last week- and guess what my last exam is the last possible date- Friday 21st december, 6-8pm !!! :mad:

Yes, but they hold all kinds of exams there. Even non-UCD e.g. Open University.

I'm sure I saw something that said "no two exams on the same day, or consecutive evening & morning", but now the official page says "no more than 6 hours of exams in a day".

It is? That's not so bad then, I thought it was part of the Quinn school or something. Cheers for that.
    stereoroid wrote: »
    I'm sure I saw something that said "no two exams on the same day, or consecutive evening & morning",

Other way around, it was no morning and evening exam in the same day so you wouldn't have seven or hours to kill. I think they said they'd try not have people in late evening and then early morning but they just couldn't do it. Though I could be and probably am wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

I think these are the guidelines your looking for.. 2 exams in a day is fine..
    The timetable was developed with a number of parameters in place.

There are four examination sessions in a day and;

* there will be a minimum of one hour between examinations,
    * students will have no more than two exams in one day,
    * students will have no more than five exams in three days,
    * students will not have a 9am exam following a 6pm exam the previous day,
    * students will have a minimum of two hours between exams if they have consecutive exams in two of the different venues which are Belfield, Blackrock and the RDS.

A very small percentage of students do not fit these parameters and the Assessment & Logistics Unit will be contacting these students directly and advising them of their alternative arrangements.

As for my timetable, not too happy with it but could be worse.. I'v only one exam in the first week, then I'v 5 in the second- one each day. Meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Flume

My timetables pretty poor also.:( I have one in the very last slot.

This is my 2nd year doing exams and last year they were all in the rds. I have one in blackrock and one in the student centre this year. To get to the blackrock centre is it the number 17 bus from belfield or is there any bus that goes direct from o'connell st?

And whats the craic with the student centre, is it the astra hall?:confused:

It would have to be Astra Hall, I know they've run other exams like tax exams and stuff there before. They seem to be utilising every possible space this year.

What side of the campus do you get the bus to blackrock? I only have 3 exams out of 7 modules........ I'm pretty sure I'm meant to have one more, though I'm not complaining..

It's by the number 10 stop - about two bus shelters up from it iirc.

It's by the number 10 stop - about two bus shelters up from it iirc.

Well you're just little miss helpful tonight aren't you?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

You can also walk from Belfield to Blackrock. It takes only about 30 mins and its a nice walk. Helps clear the mind!

Brimmy wrote: »
    Well you're just little miss helpful tonight aren't you?!

Study avoidance is a wonderful thing....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

I only have one exam (go post-grads!) and its on the second day... but its in science concourse, i just think thats wierd, would it not be kinda noisy there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Only 2 exams this Semester thanks to the research project, 18th and the 20th.

I'm also off on November the 23rd so loads of time for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Grr my timetable didn't change an ounce - so it's still utterly horrible.

Shambolic UCD reigns once more.

Exactly the type of response i was expecting once i seen the thread title. Trust me , there are worse people in your situation. Very harsh to criticise the exams office over this. Think about it, look at the amount of modules there are and the two week time frame in which to place them all in to. Your lucky you don't have 3 in one day like some people had last year.

Then again, my timetable is very handy, being spread out evenly over 2 weeks.

Well I'm very annoyed seeing as I'm final year and my lecturers lodged complaints about the timetable.

It seems the notion of lecturers having a say fell on deaf ears. They can't even use the modularisation reason as an excuse.

Only two of the exams are being done with other classes and only one of them is a elective type affair so moving them wouldn't have been that difficult.

Think I may send an email of complaint, it won't do anything but at least I'll feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

That link doesn't work for me, where are we meant to find the timetable?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

my timetable aint so bad, although i never even knew there was exams held in the science building! how is that gonna work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭imarugbyball

I keep getting a 404 error ( but from inside the ucd website) when i try and check this out :( any1 know the story?

Maybe 2 many peeps trying to hit that **** at once? Wouldn't have thought 9 on a thursday is peakskies internets time tho...

Are they all definatly in december tho.. *im a 1stie*?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

The URL links work if you knock off the full stop at the end

Advertisement