Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pro tools digi 002 desk advise

Options
  • 31-10-2007 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi I'M VERY NEW AT THIS (VERY VERY), I HAVE GOT MY HANDS ON A DIGI 002 DESK AND PRO TOOLS LE V7.3, BUT TO BE HONEST I DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT IT DOES, BASICLY IM A DJ AND WONDERING IF THIS WOULD BE ANY USE TO ME ? WAHT CAN I DO WITH IT? AND NO ITS NOT FOR SALE!!.
    ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

What do you mean by DJ? If you mean you spin discs then it'll be next to useless for you. If you record/produce your own material then you can use the 002 plus Pro Tools plus appropriate soft synths/samplers to make music.

This is not really what this hardware/software is intended for though, unless you want to get into multitrack recording I'd suggest you get rid of it and spend the money on more appropriate tools.

Where/why did you get this if you know nothing about it, out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

If you looking to make tracks keep it if not get rid of it.

Yes, where did it come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 djgregg

A friend of mine works in avid in sandyford (part of digi) i did a gig for him for free and he insisted he give me this as a loan to see how i get on with it, it has to go back at some stage, no rush though but as i said im not really interested in recording my own stuff.Thanks for the advise though.

Advertisement