Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to leave Eircom Broadband but...

Options
  • 31-10-2007 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Well we have been with Eircom BB since about march.Ever since it has been a terrible service,It cuts of very frequently,have never been the speed they said it would be,very very slow.

But were still in the 12 months so is there any loop hole too cancle our connection as of the terrible service or any other reasons.

A other BB group got onto us today saying we asked about their service((In janurary ^_^ ))and I know these are a good company as a friend of mine is with them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

You need to find out if you just have a crappy line as if you go with another provider, you'll probably still have crap service if its the line and eircom own the line so if your with another provider they are even less likely to help you unless you move back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How far away are you from the exchange, how old is your house, and are the phone lines to your house above or below ground?

Also, where is your friend in relation to you? Is he next door, a mile away from you (maybe a mile nearer the exchange), or what?

I ask, as, like the previous poster, think that it may be a crap line causing the bad connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

The line is old but the new connection would be wirless rather than fro mthe lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Which wireless provider in case they are one of the crap ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Ardmore technolagies.

And A person I know is at a same distance to me,just diffrent route and they have pefect eircom braodband and their lines are much older.

• Advertisement
Advertisement