Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ibb ripwave modem stuck on "searching"

Options
  • 31-10-2007 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

just got this and i can't connect at all. well within range but it's stuck on "searching". what's going on? is the network down or is it my modem? i don't have the receipt for it though, but they took my details, i got it in carphone warehouse. if i bring it into them will they swap it for a new one today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Put it outside on the window and see if it picks
    up a signal then.

Here is a photo of where mine is permanently:

cimg1144bv6.th.jpg

I was getting zero to very little signal until i put it out there.

When outside i get maximum signal and quality and get
    almost the advertised download speeds!!!

The glass amazingly completely blocks the signal!!!

Otherwise there is no signal in your area and you might have
    to return it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

tried dangling it out the window too. still "searching".

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

bring it back tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

You will have to do the dance of the Ripwave.

Basically move it around the house, 2nd floor if you have one, move it near a window or back wall of a room. When you put the modem down, leave it for 30seconds or so before moving it. Even if you leave it in the same place but move the angle of it, leave it 30 seconds or so.

If you dont get signal return it to IBB, via courier or back to retail shop where you bought it. If you ever registered with the modem at ANY point, Ring them on 1890 56 44 56 and make sure you cancel with them there aswell, even if your return it to retail outlet.

Advertisement