Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who looks after pest control in owner occupied rental?

Options
  • 31-10-2007 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi all,

I rent one floor of a 3 floor house, the rest of which is occupied by the guy who owns the house. Anyway within a couple of weeks of moving in I noticed all these black little crawly bugs in the room, literally everywhere, and some wicker furniture in my room was absolutely alive with them (i.e. all in my clothes etc). I spoke to the owner about this and he said I could dispose of the wicker furniture, which I did, however the bugs are still everywhere.

I don't know if they are fleas or not, I have had a couple of bites but nothing substantial. I've tried bug sprays etc and am meticulously clean anyway but the problem doesn't seem to be going away.

Can anyone advise who is responsible for dealing with them and paying for a pest control service if it comes to that? The guy I live with says he never saw them before I moved in but I never saw them before I moved in either!

Also if I pay for it to be fumigated do I need permission from the guy I live with?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭sparkyjo

obviously your landlord is responcible you are in his house paying rent now it is up to him to keep the house resonable and just because he says he didn't see them before doesn't mean anything and they could be wood worm and caused by the wicka furniture that he supplied and he should of got rid of the furniture

hope this helps

Advertisement