Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic 32" TX-32LXD70

• 31-10-2007 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

By all accounts this TV gets some very good reviews and I'm thinking of buying one but now I want to ask a real n00b question. :o

Is the Panasonic 32" TX-32LXD70 wall-mountable?

Thanks in advance guys...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Says it's VESA standard compliant on panny's website...hard to tell from the 360 pic but looks like vesa 100*200, which sometimes means having to buy an adaptor plate for the mount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Ah yes, the ol' VESA 100*200 trick eh?

/pretends to know what he's talking about!

:) Thanks Wertz, I guess that means that there must be some type of appropriate wall mount out there but that I should be careful in choosing one and do some research :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

VESA is just the industry standard for mounting arms and brackets.
    100*200 just means that the screwholes in the telly are 100mm apart in H and 200mm apart in L. These holes are where the TV will be fixed to the mount.
    The important thing with a mount is the weight it will carry and obviously the screensize. With 26-32" the standard bracket is usually VESA 100*100 so you'd need an adaptor plate (some mounts come with them, some don't)
    Some panasonic models need proprietary brackets but I think that's just their plasmas...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Actually the mounts on that TV are 320mm horizontal , and 200 vertical ,
    You need to get a mount that is X and Y adjustable , this type can be made to fit any flatscreen.

It looks something like this ,

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=329702&view=detailed

The vertical rails slide in or out to fit the holes on your TV , and likewise with the horizontal , although some may just have screw holes all the way up so that one of them is bound to fit your TV.

In all cases make sure you buy a sturdy well constructed unit and that the wall is strong enough to hold the TV , Use heavy duty Rawl plugs , those plastic things you use to hold up pictures will not do , You dont want your expensive new screen bouncing off the floor !

Advertisement