Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cans of Britvic 55, what the hell happened?

Options
  • 31-10-2007 3:17pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

My favourite ever canned soft drink and they've dissappeared.
    It's a nightmare.
    Well at least in my local shops in Cork.
    Anyone know what happened to this deliciousness?
    I hate Fanta and Club Orange!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

getting harder to get in bottles in teh pub too. breaking my heart

• Registered Users Posts: 26 One Of Shanks

Was just thinking about this yesterday evening. Was always my favourite drink, but seems to have vanished now.

Deeply upsetting :D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Awful. gone for good it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Tesco are stocking 4-packs of bottled Britvic 55 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

The bottles contain very little and cost a lot more than the cans did, only 275ml.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

kowloon wrote: »
    The bottles contain very little and cost a lot more than the cans did, only 275ml.

still picked up 4.
    Lucious. over a euro a bottle mind, but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I used to love the fizzy pineapple one. The 55 is 55% orange juice, you could trying making your own by mixing orange juice and club orange or sugar & soda water, it would not be as fizzy of course, if you had a sodastream you could fizz it up.

Its very expensive for what it is, like schloer, seeing as its just heavily diluted concentrated orange juice fizzed up. I bet you could make a nice one with real orange juice, like tropicana, i.e. not concentrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I wonder do things you fizz up yourself work out the same.
    I have a sodastream, but can't find gas for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

rubadub wrote: »
    I used to love the fizzy pineapple one. The 55 is 55% orange juice, you could trying making your own by mixing orange juice and club orange or sugar & soda water, it would not be as fizzy of course, if you had a sodastream you could fizz it up.

Its very expensive for what it is, like schloer, seeing as its just heavily diluted concentrated orange juice fizzed up. I bet you could make a nice one with real orange juice, like tropicana, i.e. not concentrated.
    kowloon wrote: »
    I wonder do things you fizz up yourself work out the same.
    I have a sodastream, but can't find gas for it.

Oh I remember trying to make fizzy orange juice as a kid with the soda stream.
    Ended up with orange juice everywhere!!:eek:

That's why you put the concentrate into the water after you fizz it!!

Advertisement