Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Walter Smith Interview with Chick Young(Feat Archie Knox)

• 31-10-2007 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

Only seen this the other day. Its from years back. Walter takes great exception to Chicks line of questioning! Might have to turn it up a bit, not sure if its the sound quality thats poor or just the accents that are hard to decipher!

Archies contribution to the interview is almost poetic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naOTHAAIb4c

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

That's brilliant. How could Chick Young have the balls to interview someone again after so many put downs like that?! Walter's performance is Oscar standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Apparently Chick Youngs only a wee man as well! Walter gives a death stare at one stage thats just frightening. Poor wee archie.

Lol just typed 'Chick Young' into google images and got a little more than I bargained for (in a good way!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Haha....classic.
    In saying that wee chick had the last laugh in a way to be honest...Basile Boli was complete and utter mince and we didnt do much in europe.

Mind you we did have the one and only Brian Laudrup in that team also...what a player!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

classic so that was..... right enough though, from Walters point of view - how could ANYONE say Laudrup and the likes of Boli werent "european quality".

think walter nearly did stick the microphone up his erse tbh....and probably should have as it wasnae and wont be the last time he'd put his foot in it like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm surprised you don't know Chick Young. :) Although the Scots probably wouldn't know who Eamon Dunphy is in fairness.

Yeah class video, seen it a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Just out of interest, is Chick a Rangers fan?

Pighead wrote: »
    Just out of interest, is Chick a Rangers fan?

He would tell you that hes a St Mirren fan......dont believe a word of it! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The hell kind of name is "Chick" anyway?

DesF wrote: »
    The hell kind of name is "Chick" anyway?

Scots nickname for people called Charlie.... go figure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Can't watch it at the moment, but i remember it well:D

...does anyone remember when Ron Atkinson took exception to the Sky guys )Keys and Gray?) questioning his team after a Coventry match years ago? He was all in a rage, but the funniest part was right at the end when he tossed his headphones aside but turned apologetic to the guy who tried to catch them:D

There's also an even better one than Walter Smith, from Scotland also when the manager actually thumped the interviewer! It wasn't that long ago.

If anyone can find Jim McLean Punching the BBC guy i'd be happy!

Eirebear wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_kNwsui1JY

Now im happy :)

Lol@Dougie Vipond....."The sometimes controversial dundee utd chief......."
    SOMETIMES!!?!?!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Eirebear wrote: »

Yep, that's who I was thinking of!
    He got the sack because of that didn't he?

Ha just found this one. Christian Dailly is not too happy after a Scotland game against Germany

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeXhoCNqJJQ

lol i remember that...cheered me up no end after the result :)

"Christian!" no attempt from Herr Vogts to protect his player eh? :D

Nunu, i think he was about to retire to a mental home at that point....in fact he's still there....its called a column in the daily record...

Advertisement