Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waltons?

• 31-10-2007 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Does anyone have any opinions on Waltons New School? Was going to go for guitar lessons, but they are expensive! But if they are worth it and some people can recommend them then maybe...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

IMO if you are going to make a career out of music or are studying it for exams then Waltons would be the place to go ( I admit I have never gone there, except to make inquiries and found them too expensive). If your attitude is more casual then a good teacher would be as good. Also you could combine this with tutor books and the internet. Depends on what results you want IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Presumably youre in Dublin, but Peter Dee's in Limerick kicks ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭johnnyrotten123

Rigsby wrote: »
    IMO if you are going to make a career out of music or are studying it for exams then Waltons would be the place to go ( I admit I have never gone there, except to make inquiries and found them too expensive). If your attitude is more casual then a good teacher would be as good. Also you could combine this with tutor books and the internet. Depends on what results you want IMO.

Well, it is more casual tbo, so maybe you are right about the private tutor. I'm on the northside in Dublin, so if there is someone not too far from here that is worth going to, I'll defo consider that - and cheers for the response...

Jay P wrote: »
    Presumably youre in Dublin, but Peter Dee's in Limerick kicks ass

yep, I'm in Dublin, but thanks anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

I know a good teacher in the Blanchardstown area. If that would suit I can pm you details.

Otherwise you could do a search for guitar teachers at :

www.gumtree.ie

Good luck with the lessons. ;)

• Advertisement

Rigsby wrote: »
    I know a good teacher in the Blanchardstown area. If that would suit I can pm you details.

Otherwise you could do a search for guitar teachers at :

www.gumtree.ie

Good luck with the lessons. ;)

Thanks Rigsby. I'll take a look at that. PM me the details and if you know how much the lessons cost, it would be great to. And I'll take a look at gumtree also

Advertisement