Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Penalty points

Options
  • 31-10-2007 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Ok - so I got a letter in the post saying I got 1 penalty point and must pay a fine -

The thing is, the address is sligglty wrong(wrong county but all other details are correct)

If they cant deliver the summones, by law I dont have to pay?

Just wondering if i didnt pay, would i still get the p.p. and not the fine?

need advice here - could be better of paying but if ye think itll work :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Well if the letter got to you then I don't think it'll take Sherlock Holmes to find your house to deliver the summons. Take the fine on the chin and move on it's only 1 point after all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

sticky9cd wrote: »
    Ok - so I got a letter in the post saying I got 1 penalty point and must pay a fine -

The thing is, the address is sligglty wrong(wrong county but all other details are correct)

If they cant deliver the summones, by law I dont have to pay?

Just wondering if i didnt pay, would i still get the p.p. and not the fine?

need advice here - could be better of paying but if ye think itll work :cool:

Well, the letter found you - why do you think any summons that might be attempted to be sent wont find you?

/edit - beaten to it by endplate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭sticky9cd

well they sent the letter to my home address, where my parents live but im in college in a differrent county.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

So what! You just don't want to pay the fine. Grand here's what you do don't pay it and will you post back how you got on with the judge??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I hope you are not studying English on college :D

Seriously though, you might get away with it if you go to court...That will be up to the mood the judge is in. Its far more likely you will get done and probably get more than the 1 point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Stop tryin to weasel out of it. Pay the damn thing and take 1 point on the chin

oh my bad. its 10 points so i think iv to go to court anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭mack1

what the hell did you get 10 points for in 1 go?

doing 100pmh in a 30 zone down the wrong way on a one-way st with no seatbelt, no tax, no insurance while drunk? AND you didn't have your license on you?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,990 ✭✭✭✭Stark

oh my bad. its 10 points so i think iv to go to court anyway

Da ****? What do they give 10 points for? Or do you mean you already have 10 points?
    mack1 wrote: »
    what the hell did you get 10 points for in 1 go?

doing 100pmh in a 30 zone down the wrong way on a one-way st with no seatbelt, no tax, no insurance while drunk? AND you didn't have your license on you?

Even in that case, they only give out points for one of the offences (the one which attracts the highest number of points).

• Registered Users Posts: 45,788 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

also, unless you filed a change of address form, which most people going to college would not, it isn't their problem that the address is 'wrong'; it is yours.

• Advertisement

yes 10 alltogether lol :D - got 1 for where you cant go straight on but left only - i went straight on and a ban gaurd got me :D

Well then, I assume you just pay the fine and end up on 11 points, end of story. Until you do your next stupid thing, find yourself facing a driving ban and come on here asking how you can get a family member to take the hit, which seems to be fairly common.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

yes 10 alltogether lol :D - got 1 for where you cant go straight on but left only - i went straight on and a ban gaurd got me :D

I think he's actually serious, wow.

Can you pls tell us what the points were for?? Is it speeding as well or what?

Are you a slow learner or what? :confused:

got 6 for doing donuts at a rally, rest for speeding and dangerous driving - impreze sti :( - power is so tempting to use lol

Saruman wrote: »
    I hope you are not studying English on college :D

Seriously though, you might get away with it if you go to court...That will be up to the mood the judge is in. Its far more likely you will get done and probably get more than the 1 point.

and no - enginnering - suck at english but got b in honours leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

and no - enginnering - suck at english but got b in honours leaving
    How can you expect us to believe that you're studying engineering when you can't even spell the word? Or that you have an Impreza when you can't spell that word either? Or, for that matter, that you got a B in honours English when you can't spell? Fair play to you though, you're making me laugh.;)

I hope he was telling the truth about the 11 points though. I'll make a wish for that 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

got 6 for doing donuts at a rally, rest for speeding and dangerous driving - impreze sti :( - power is so tempting to use lol

I'd hate to meet you on the road. I hope you get banned :mad:. You're irresponsible and dangerous to be around, and you don't even seem to be able to learn from your mistakes. If fact, judging by you're spelling, grammar and punctuation, you don't seem to be able to learn at all. How did you ever get into college?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Won't be long, I'd say! Sayonara.

Not your ornery onager

My spelling isnt poor, its mainly just my typing - Got 465 points in leaving so it was ok -
    Hmm , ask me a question to do with my course, civil engineering if ya dont believe me =-

Also, Id rate myself as a good driver, just drive fast but stay in control( impreza handles way better then standard car ofc :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

get on the bus gus!

:D;):p:):):):)

ha - ome of the p.p. will be goin soon any who so ill just be carefull for next few months - then give to her.....

Also, Id rate myself as a good driver, just drive fast but stay in control( impreza handles way better then standard car ofc :D)

They don't give out dangerous driving convictions for "fast but in control".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tomas_V

Stark wrote: »
    They don't give out dangerous driving convictions for "fast but in control".
    It's possible to be 'fast & in control' and still be driving without consideration for others.

For example, you may be able to overtake safely, but if this causes inconvenience to any other person, you've broken the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

My spelling isnt poor, its mainly just my typing)
    You're right, your spelling is not poor. It's terrible!
    - Got 465 points in leaving so it was ok -)
    No you didn't!
    Hmm , ask me a question to do with my course, civil engineering if ya dont believe me =-)
    Why, so you can Google the answer?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

OP = Troll methinks.
    Here, have a crust of bread.

Seems to me that the OP is a compulsive liar. Spelling is terrible but he claims it's good. What other lies is he telling?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

My spelling isnt poor, its mainly just my typing - Got 465 points in leaving so it was ok -
    Hmm , ask me a question to do with my course, civil engineering if ya dont believe me =-

ha - ome of the p.p. will be goin soon any who so ill just be carefull for next few months - then give to her.....

You claim to be good at spelling when clearly you're not. You claim to be a good driver after netting 10 points...

I seriously hope I never meet you on the road.

Can anybody translate this for me? I've got absolutely no idea what he's trying to say. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

This is mental! Just because your car handles better than an average car doesn't make you quicker to react! My Golf handles way better, stops in around half the quoted stopping distances in the RotR, I've experience driving performance cars on a track and yet I don't feel the need to do stupid things like speed and act the bo**ox doing doughnuts because I think I'm better than everyone else or somehow immune to causing crashes. And guess what? I've zero points. Go figure.

Advertisement