Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Penalty points

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hopefully a list will be published of those who reach 12 points, so we can point and laugh.

Ignore the summons. Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

deman wrote: »
    Originally Posted by sticky9cd
    ha - ome of the p.p. will be goin soon any who so ill just be carefull for next few months - then give to her.....

Can anybody translate this for me? I've got absolutely no idea what he's trying to say. :confused:

After carefully comparing the text to the Rosetta Stone, I think it either means

"Ha! Some of the penalty points will be going soon [expiring] anyway, so I'll just be careful for the next few months. After that, I'll claim some female was driving the car, so she can take my points."

or

"I'm a glutton for punishment, and not the sharpest tool in the box."

or maybe the lyrics to the Sigur Ros song "Flugufrelsarinn", I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Ah Sigur Ros... Great songs, totally incomprehensible :)

[/waaaay off topic]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Ah Sigur Ros... Great songs, totally incomprehensible :)

[/waaaay off topic]

"Off topic" - I think its a good idea OP has been entertained at the top of the thread list for too long telling us how great he is :rolleyes::rolleyes:

had to google Flugufrelsarinn incomprehensable to say the least

Hamagangur, Ég Þusti Niður Að Læknum, Bjargvættur.
    Ég Gerði Skip Tilbúið Og Fór Með Litla Bæn Því Ég Var Hræddur.
    Sólin Skein Og Lækurinn Seytlaði.
    Sóley - Sóley Flugurnar Drepast.
    En Í Dag Á Ég Að Bjarga Sem Flestum Flugum.
    Með Spotta Í Skip Ég Er Með Í Hvorri Hendi - Ákveðinn.
    Ég Kasta Þeim Út Í Hylinn Og Reyni Að Hala Flugurnar Inn Áður En Seiðin Ná Til Þar Sem Þær Berjast Við Strauminn Og Vatnið.
    Þannig Líður Dagurinn.
    Sjálfur Kominn Um Borð, Var Farinn Að Berjast Við Bæjarlækinn Sem Hafði Þegar Deytt Svo Margar.
    Ég Næ Ekki Andanum Og Þyngist Við Hverja Öldu.
    Mér Vantar Kraftaverk Því Ég Er Að Drukkna Syndir.
    Ég Reyni Að Komast Um Borð. Ég Dreg Í Land Og Bjarga Því Sjálfum Mér Aftur Á Bakkann.
    Á Heitan Stein Ég Legg Mig Og Læt Mig Þorna Aftur.
    Ég Kasta Mér Út Í Hylinn Og Reyni Að Hala Flugurnar Inn Áður En Seiðin Ná Til Þeirra Þar Sem Þær Berjast Við Strauminn Og Vatnið.
    Gustur, Allur Ennblautur.
    Frakkur Finnur Hvernig Báturinn Er Kominn Úr Mesta Straumnum Og Landið Smám Saman Nálgaðist.
    Hann Bæði Um Borð Í Sjó Og Landi Bjargandi Flugunum Sem Farast Hér.
    Þó Sér Í Lagi Sjálfum Sér.
    Eilíft Stríð Og Hvergi Friður.
    En Það Verður Einhver Að Fórna Sér.
    Dagarnir Eru Langir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

Damn right OP, once some of those points expire you should definitely celebrate and stick it to law and other road users. It'll never happen to you after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

Look mom, Im in an 'I want to dodge my penalty points' thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

OP: doughnuts will wear down your tyres, and thus your car will not be able to handle as well. True, with optimal conditions, it may, but with bald tyres... no. You'll attempt to swerve around something, end up hitting it, crash, and wrap your car around the lamp post.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

seamus wrote: »
    Hopefully a list will be published of those who reach 12 points, so we can point and laugh.

Ignore the summons. Please.

They should be given special plates (when their ban is up) SOmethign liek IDIOT 1 (number goes up in sequence)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

sticky9cd wrote: »
    got 6 for doing donuts at a rally, rest for speeding and dangerous driving - impreze sti :( - power is so tempting to use lol

How can you get points for doing a doughnut?

Its not like the law even know what donoughts are either, especially since you say you did them at a rally.

And you have a 4 Wheel Drive car. I don't believe you did a Doughnut. You really need a Rear Wheel Drive car to do it anyway(unless you have a non standard suspension set up and an adjustable centre differential, and the Scooby does not have that AFAIK, its afeature usually found on 4X4s). Its not impossible to do it, but highly unlikely, and with a 4WD car the power bias should be at the back(and the power bias in the Impreza like all Subarus is 50:50) for a doughnut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭GTC

With any luck I'll be the one to give him his full 12 points. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

E92 wrote: »

Its not like the law even know what donoughts are either, especially since you say you did them at a rally.
    When he says "Rally", I'm guessing he means, "Big pile of idiots gathering together in a public place without permission in order to wave their car penises at eachother".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭sticky9cd

And you have a 4 Wheel Drive car. I don't believe you did a Doughnut. You really need a Rear Wheel Drive car to do it anyway(unless you have a non standard suspension set up and an adjustable centre differential, and the Scooby does not have that AFAIK, its afeature usually found on 4X4s). Its not impossible to do it, but highly unlikely, and with a 4WD car the power bias should be at the back(and the power bias in the Impreza like all Subarus is 50:50) for a doughnut.

It was after a rally(some street racing etc..)

yes its awd - its got a switch to make it rear wheel drive(well 85-15). The switch was added on before it was imported(jap car)

"power bias in the Impreza like all Subarus is 50:50 " - Thats wrong - the sti versions have adjustable ratios -mine doesnt(switch just added) but the newer ones do -

And after reading what i said earlier, It made no sense to me eitheir for a while, I typed taht before i went to bed cause the eyes sores me across the wrong way. buts its funny that you mention how fast the cat wwas in the junction, could it possible the jober sudge was found?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

And after reading what i said earlier, It made no sense to me eitheir for a while, I typed taht before i went to bed cause the eyes sores me across the wrong way. buts its funny that you mention how fast the cat wwas in the junction, could it possible the jober sudge was found?

ehhh....what??? In fairness sticky9cd stick to watching Colm Watters Magic tricks or wrapping bales on youtube :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/user/sticky9cd

or even listening to daniel o donnell

http://www.bebo.com/sticky9cd.

I suppose they will give you something to do when you get banned. Well, assuming you aren't doing English lessons instead..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

You're taking the mickey now, aren't you?

Is this sense of humour a method you use to try to cover up what a pillock you are? You even seem to be proud of your points, proud of your doughnuts, proud of being dangerous. Does it give you some great sense of power?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

465 points in LC?

11 points for driving?

You cant use your Penalty Points for the CAO. Although, maybe 12 points will get you a very good course...

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

The law doesn't say not to test your 0-60 speed on a public road, but that doesn't mean it's a safe or clever thing to do. It's a dangerous, idiotic, "look at the size of my c*ck" sort of thing which deserves all the penalty points he got. Why would you think he wouldn't get penalty points for dangerous driving? I suppose it's made it clearer now that he said he was street racing as well, which also confirmed the idea that there's not a whole lot going on in that incredibly dim head of his. It's massive twats like that who have my insurance through the roof and are killing their equally sh1t-brained friends in crashes while cruising around at 3am.

antodeco wrote: »
    ehhh....what??? In fairness sticky9cd stick to watching Colm Watters Magic tricks or wrapping bales on youtube :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/user/sticky9cd

or even listening to daniel o donnell

http://www.bebo.com/sticky9cd.

I suppose they will give you something to do when you get banned. Well, assuming you aren't doing English lessons instead..

ahahha, that was bordom :p

AND i dont have 11 points, i was taking the piss, thread started serius then just got funny - I dont drive careless either but i do have a scooby=-

note to self - dont ever make a thread again...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

It was after a rally(some street racing etc..)

Aha. Now I see why. If you're dumb enough to get caught then you have to deal with the consequences.

Anyway if you want to f**k up your car then best of luck with the old doughnuting.

Well the STis may have an adjustable power bias, but the rest of them don't AFAIK.

Its still easier to doughnut in a rear wheel drive car.

its the same thing - actually its much better donuts in the sti as its way faster cause the front wheels are spinning too but its harder to get the car into the donut in the 1st place-=

and most imprezas dont have diff control but can be added on easily - afaik the new sti's have them standard for fuel economy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

GTC wrote: »
    With any luck I'll be the one to give him his full 12 points. :D

race ye :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement